I think I need a new TV

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I am hoping that this TV will last just long enough that I will have the money to buy one with cash money. Right now I couldn't afford anything unless it was free or I bought it on credit (shudder). Hopefully next week I will get some good news (job).

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
those 3D TV look pretty awesome
i hate 3d. dont like movies in 3d, and dont like my tv's with 3d. it just looks weird.

i will say that a soundbar makes a huge difference. im not an audiophile but it definitely adds to the experience of watching movies or streaming music through your tv.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i hate 3d. dont like movies in 3d, and dont like my tv's with 3d. it just looks weird.

i will say that a soundbar makes a huge difference. im not an audiophile but it definitely adds to the experience of watching movies or streaming music through your tv.
The 3D TV looks nice and all but I highly doubt I will buy it. I plan on looking around for awhile before I but it. I normally buy impulsively but this will require some thought. My budget is too tight to buy impulsively at this time. All that could change next week with a new job offer. I will look until I find the right choice. Who knows this blinking TV could last another 6 months or more. I do know I will go bigger than the current TV (32").

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The 3D TV looks nice and all but I highly doubt I will buy it. I plan on looking around for awhile before I but it. I normally buy impulsively but this will require some thought. My budget is too tight to buy impulsively at this time. All that could change next week with a new job offer. I will look until I find the right choice. Who knows this blinking TV could last another 6 months or more. I do know I will go bigger than the current TV (32").
I'll throw this in. There are some brands you've never heard of on Amazon that are actually really solid tv's and absurdly cheap. My buddy bought one of these as a basement TV for his kids and liked it so much he switched it out with his living room samsung that cost 3x. Not 3D but the picture is pretty amazing

http://www.amazon.com/TCL-LE48FHDF3...tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1397879252&sr=1-16&keywords=tv

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
No offense, but I wouldn't buy new electronics from wal mart, much less refurbed ones
I have a 26" Sanyo from Walmart that we use for tailgating. Works great. Have had it for 5 or 6 years now. But of course, I'm not an electronics snob so it may not have the best picture quality or features, but it works so I have nothing to complain about.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I have a 26" Sanyo from Walmart that we use for tailgating. Works great. Have had it for 5 or 6 years now. But of course, I'm not an electronics snob so it may not have the best picture quality or features, but it works so I have nothing to complain about.
I bought a Vizio tv from Walmart couple of years ago. Very pleased. I had shopped online so I knew what I wanted. Clerk kept bringing wrong model # TVs out. Size rather than # seemed to be her discriminator. Gotta watch em. I do feel hypocritical since I always bash Walmart's low wages.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
well just for the heck of it I went to hhgregg.com to see what kind of credit I could get. I got 2k, but I didn't buy. I am just going to wait until the current TV officially dies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i would never be mistaken for an electronics snob. its just a general rule i have about not buying anything from wally world.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
TV finally died about an hour ago. The picture is black. I have a 19" TV that I am using for now, but I will buy a new TV before the start of the football season.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
TV finally died about an hour ago. The picture is black. I have a 19" TV that I am using for now, but I will buy a new TV before the start of the football season.
This is the TV I got except not refurbished. Everything has been great. I got a sound bar for $100 because the sound was a little weak.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.