Link: Jacob Coker working way to Alabama

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
http://espn.go.com/college-football...r-working-hit-ground-running-arriving-alabama

MOBILE, Ala. -- Idle is not a position Jacob Coker prefers. Yet here he is, amid the constant swish of windshield wipers, sitting impatiently in the passenger seat of a silver sedan as a thunderstorm continues to pummel this swampy patch of the Gulf Coast.

It's a Friday morning in late March, and while many of Alabama's football players are laid out on sunlit beaches enjoying spring break, Coker has his mind set to working in his own slushy backyard.
The 21-year-old put aside a jam-packed final semester at Florida State to drive 250 miles home to Mobile, sit in a car and watch as rain threatened to wash away his scheduled throwing session with David Morris, his quarterback coach of more than 5 years.

A week earlier, Coker spent his spring vacation in Tuscaloosa watching film and working out. He missed walking in on AJ McCarron's pro day by minutes, leaving Alabama's indoor facility just as the Crimson Tide's former star quarterback began throwing for scouts.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I love his attitude, and, for the record I love Blake Sims attitude.

I just wish Coker could have been on campus this spring, but it'll just make fall camp that much more exciting.

I really look for both of these guys to play early. It's just a matter of who starts.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
As I've said a million times, whoever gets the nod will have been given the keys to a Ferrari. All they gotta do is keep it between the ditches

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
I'm a soldier....but the saying goes...you don't make sailors on calm seas. So, I look for to the fall battle at hand.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'm calling it...we will start with 2 QBs this fall until the first one screws the pooch.
I agree we will start with 2 QB's. I don't like the mentality of screwing the pooch since it can make them play tight and make mistakes. I hope it comes down to one of them is in the zone and it makes it an easy decision.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I agree we will start with 2 QB's. I don't like the mentality of screwing the pooch since it can make them play tight and make mistakes. I hope it comes down to one of them is in the zone and it makes it an easy decision.
If Blake has improved as much as it seems he has, there will not be an easy decision. Best case scenario we have two QBs who are in the zone early in the season. Worst case scenario we have two QBs who are in the zone early in the season and can't decide which one to make "the guy."

As for me, I'm officially back to worrying about the OL and DBs.:)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.