News Article: Sunny Golloway: "I Had No Idea How Many Things Were Broken When I Took the Job"

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sunny Golloway: "I Had No Idea How Many Things Were Broken When I Took the Job"

Link

This marriage may not last long.

Sunny Golloway has reached a tipping point in his first season at Auburn.

The baseball coach is not only shaking up his lineup, the bullpen and dropping the hammer on disciplinary issues, he's also wondering aloud just what the future holds for the program after only 15 SEC games.

"I had no idea how many things were broken when I took the job," said Golloway, who was hired away from Oklahoma last spring. "I had no idea and I'm learning the hard way, I will tell you that."
"You can print this," Golloway said. "Is the program going to change Golloway or is Golloway going to change the program? That's really where I'm at right now. That's the crossroads I'm at. I've done some uncharacteristic things trying to make sure the culture changes."

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Re: Sunny Golloway: "I Had No Idea How Many Things Were Broken When I Took the Job"

From the article it seems pretty obvious that he is getting some pushback from the team on adopting his methods and strategy. Obviously he cant fire the whole team so the only to get them to respond is to call them out in the media a bit. Seems I remember CNS doing that some his first year here. I dont think he would be taking this approach if he didnt have the support of the AD down there.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Re: Sunny Golloway: "I Had No Idea How Many Things Were Broken When I Took the Job"

I read some comments he made after our series talking about their freshmen fighting but losing the series to a veteran team. They are young but in alot of positions we are just a year older. I certainly would not consider this a veteran team until next year.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I know zero about barn baseball and hope they go 0-54 every year. However, I like this guy's attitude. There apparently were a lot of bad apples down there and he is having a hard time getting everyone around to his way of thinking. Clear out the malcontents and then you can get something going.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I still can't believe he left OU for this gig. Granted the barn does have some talent down there though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.