Blog: Latest Bama News 4/18/14 Thru 4/20 Weekend Edition

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
[FONT=&quot]DBB
Alabama football coach Nick Saban stated the obvious in my previous blog, saying no one, or team, has a bad spring game.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]However, my impressions were that the Crimson Tide didn't come across very impressive. My main story in Sunday's TimesDaily and Decatur Daily looks at how the defense won the day and the quarterback competition remains up in the air.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That was expected before spring practice began. The defense has plenty of athletes that have to be refined. It's going to take time, but the Crimson Tide will get there.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The offense is always behind because of all the moving parts. And this year there's a new offensive coordinator in Lane Kiffin.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alabama doesn't throw all its playbook for all to see in the spring game, and it wasn't even all installed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]However, the quarterback deal is interesting. Cooper Bateman looked really good compared to Blake Sims. Saban says Sims was the guy in spring practice and the scrimmages, but we are not allowed to see that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The only public viewing was the spring game and Bateman was much better. From that, I would make Bateman my starter.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Running back Kenyon Drake fumbled again. I would find a defensive position to play for him.[/FONT]

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Some spring games are exciting. Most are not. The exhibitions rarely have any bearing on how the team will in in the fall. Anyone watching Alabama’s A-Day Game at Bryant-Denny Stadium might take heart in knowing the Crimson Tide likely will be more impressive when not divided into two teams and when a few new players are added for fall camp in early August.

Jacob Coker May Have Enjoyed A-Day-bamamag

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.