Link: Nick Saban hosts Peyton Manning

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
http://espn.go.com/college-football...n-manning-denver-broncos-visit-mutual-benefit

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for those conversations.

The details of how the meeting came about weren't clear, but Saban said Manning and Gase were "making some visits" and wanted to stop by Tuscaloosa.

"A lot of people would say, 'Wow, the guy is one of the best, if not the best, from a career standpoint and about as good as anyone has been in the history of the league,' " Saban said. "After all the experience and knowledge that he has, he's going out to try and seek more knowledge and understudying of the game of football so he can play better."

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I'm sure he warned him beforehand about directing "Rocky Top". ;)

Seriously though this is pretty neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
http://espn.go.com/college-football...n-manning-denver-broncos-visit-mutual-benefit

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for those conversations.

The details of how the meeting came about weren't clear, but Saban said Manning and Gase were "making some visits" and wanted to stop by Tuscaloosa.

"A lot of people would say, 'Wow, the guy is one of the best, if not the best, from a career standpoint and about as good as anyone has been in the history of the league,' " Saban said. "After all the experience and knowledge that he has, he's going out to try and seek more knowledge and understudying of the game of football so he can play better."
Meanwhile, Oklahoma State pays Peyton $107k for a 30 minute speech and 30 minute Q&A...

Last edited:

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
As long as Peyton didn't dunk a football through the Alabama goalposts then I'm sure he didn't break a rule. Man, can the NFL get any lamer?

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I will never ever forgive his classless band directing after beating us. Never!
You thought that was classless? I didn't like him for beating us. He was a true student athlete who came back for his senior year when he would have been the first pick his junior year. At the time I was mad but our players often sing Rammer Jammer at the opposing teams field with our band. It was obvious that he loved that school and beating us meant a lot to their family. I think he is class personified. He has always played the game the right way.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I will never ever forgive his classless band directing after beating us. Never!
Seriously? What is classless about that? While I hated having to watch it, I think things like that are what make college athletics great. I certainly don't think it is as bad as us playing "We Just Beat the Hell Out of You" after we win, which is something I really enjoy. To the victor go the spoils. With that said, I don't like Peyton Manning, but it is just because something about him gets on my nerves. I think it is all of the pointing and pre-snap routines he has, not to mention he played for UT.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Seriously? What is classless about that? While I hated having to watch it, I think things like that are what make college athletics great. I certainly don't think it is as bad as us playing "We Just Beat the Hell Out of You" after we win, which is something I really enjoy. To the victor go the spoils. With that said, I don't like Peyton Manning, but it is just because something about him gets on my nerves. I think it is all of the pointing and pre-snap routines he has, not to mention he played for UT.
There are many people on here who are still so bitter towards Peyton that they will always hold onto that memory. It just cracks me up that here we are talking about how he is trying to help our coaching staff, and we still have people who still feel the need to dog him. different strokes I guess, just makes me chuckle.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
As long as it doesn't violate an NCAA rule I really don't care. The NFL will probably fine the Bronocs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.