Happy Good Friday to everyone

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Just wanted to wish all my Tide brothers and sisters a very blessed and happy Good Friday and Easter Sunday. It is going to be a beautiful weekend for all the festivities.

It is finished. Christ is risen! :)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I gave up swearing.

Didn't go so well...

Esp when I heard about Eddie Jackson's knee injury, and some other unfortunate events involving a couple of our players...

Just landed in Toronto - where my parents / siblings / extended family live, to spend the Easter week-end w them.

It's about 250 miles from where I live in Ottawa...

No ESPNU up here, so will be reduced to checking stats after The A Day game tomorrow...

A Blessed and Happy Easter to all!

And Rollllll Tide!!!

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just wanted to wish all my Tide brothers and sisters a very blessed and happy Good Friday and Easter Sunday. It is going to be a beautiful weekend for all the festivities.

It is finished. Christ is risen! :)
A little late, but Happy Easter, Jessica. However, I've never liked that translation of the Greek "Tetelestai." It's better translated as "accomplished," or "fulfilled." Among biblical scholars, the vast majority believe that what he meant was that the prophecies of the scriptures had been shown to be correct and were now complete. It fell to me to read "the sixth word," a short meditation on the scripture. I read it as "It is accomplished." I'm afraid all too many laypersons read it as meaning "I am finished" or "my crucifixion is finished," when "finished," if it can be used at all as a translation of the Greek, it's the 4th or 5th one. Sorry to blur the good wishes, but I've just been through a debate with my pastor over this issue... :)

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Happy Easter to all, He is risen indeed!

A little late, but Happy Easter, Jessica. However, I've never liked that translation of the Greek "Tetelestai." It's better translated as "accomplished," or "fulfilled." Among biblical scholars, the vast majority believe that what he meant was that the prophecies of the scriptures had been shown to be correct and were now complete. It fell to me to read "the sixth word," a short meditation on the scripture. I read it as "It is accomplished." I'm afraid all too many laypersons read it as meaning "I am finished" or "my crucifixion is finished," when "finished," if it can be used at all as a translation of the Greek, it's the 4th or 5th one. Sorry to blur the good wishes, but I've just been through a debate with my pastor over this issue... :)
Earle, this is a great point. Believe it or not, I've always interpreted the passage the same as you're saying here and I guess I'm a little surprised your pastor would debate the point. I've always heard it preached from the pulpit pretty much as you have it here. Thanks for insight on the Greek!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Happy Easter to all, He is risen indeed!

Earle, this is a great point. Believe it or not, I've always interpreted the passage the same as you're saying here and I guess I'm a little surprised your pastor would debate the point. I've always heard it preached from the pulpit pretty much as you have it here. Thanks for insight on the Greek!
I worded that badly. We were really discussing which alternatives to use. I don't really know the origin of the meditation he gave me. It started out with "finished," but it also had "accomplished." I kept that and added "fulfilled" in one spot. I think of "completed," for some reason, but it's the most accurate and simplest translation of all...

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I worded that badly. We were really discussing which alternatives to use. I don't really know the origin of the meditation he gave me. It started out with "finished," but it also had "accomplished." I kept that and added "fulfilled" in one spot. I think of "completed," for some reason, but it's the most accurate and simplest translation of all...

The law, also, was "finished" in that He is the end of the law.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I wish all my friends here a very Happy Easter. I woke up Friday with a badly abcessed tooth. Of course, since it was good Friday, all the dentists, and even the on call clinics were closed. Fortunately, I had some antibiotics, sinus medication etc. to hopefully get through the weekend, but I have to tell you, I've never hurt so bad in my life.
Looks like mashed potatoes with a side of mashed potatoes for Easter Dinner...
Still, I'm very thankful for the day and what it means.
Now Lord, please let me survive til Monday morning. Amen.
sip

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I wish all my friends here a very Happy Easter. I woke up Friday with a badly abcessed tooth. Of course, since it was good Friday, all the dentists, and even the on call clinics were closed. Fortunately, I had some antibiotics, sinus medication etc. to hopefully get through the weekend, but I have to tell you, I've never hurt so bad in my life.
Looks like mashed potatoes with a side of mashed potatoes for Easter Dinner...
Still, I'm very thankful for the day and what it means.
Now Lord, please let me survive til Monday morning. Amen.
sip
A few celebratory mimosas should help.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.