2014 A Day Attendance

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Yep Easter weekend was a deal breaker for me. Coming from ATL and being back for church tomorrow morning meant an 8 hour plus drive for me in one day. Too much for Aday. :frown:

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
How did they keep track of attendance? Was it an educated guess, or did they have some way to calculate it via video of the stands or something? We didn't go through any counting device at the gate, nor did I ever see anyone keeping tabs at any gates. It looked about like a game day crowd, so guessing id say they were pretty close. The couple times I went to concession area and grabbed a quick smoke, I could see massive amounts of people still entering the stadium even through the third quarter.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Then there was Georgia Tech, which drew a whopping 117 people to their spring game Friday night.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Then there was Georgia Tech, which drew a whopping 117 people to their spring game Friday night.
Nah that's not exactly accurate. Maybe 1,000 but not 117. I was there. I felt really bad for Tech as they had all kind of activities planned pre and post game which were all cancelled. No, it's no way, shape or form Alabama but there are more dedicated GT fans than that. The weather was horrific. I was soaked thru to all layers, and I had a rain coat and umbrella. No chance in that kind of weather, cold rain too.

My son will be a football manager there next year (the only incoming freshman chosen), so I was there to support him. :)

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Nah that's not exactly accurate. Maybe 1,000 but not 117. I was there. I felt really bad for Tech as they had all kind of activities planned pre and post game which were all cancelled. No, it's no way, shape or form Alabama but there are more dedicated GT fans than that. The weather was horrific. I was soaked thru to all layers, and I had a rain coat and umbrella. No chance in that kind of weather, cold rain too.

My son will be a football manager there next year (the only incoming freshman chosen), so I was there to support him. :)
You are one dedicated Momma. Maybe if he was playing I would sit through that...but as a manager??? He's gotta love you!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
How did they keep track of attendance?
Trying to remember if we have turnstyles. As many times as I've walked through a gate and I can't remember. But that would be the way to get the most accurate count on a day like A-Day and for that matter, any game, if you wanted to know how many butts are in seats.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Trying to remember if we have turnstyles. As many times as I've walked through a gate and I can't remember. But that would be the way to get the most accurate count on a day like A-Day and for that matter, any game, if you wanted to know how many butts are in seats.
But that's just it, they didn't have any turnstyles or people keeping track that I saw. Maybe they were and I didn't notice. Nobody in my group was searched or checked like a normal game day. I had a 20 ounce coke that I threw away before getting to the gate, but I bet I could have walked in with it without hiding it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Having the spring game on Friday night is dumb. They can't control the rain, but there is a better chance if warm weather during the day in April. Also, getting to downtown Atlanta in a Friday afternoon isn't easy. Plus they wanted a Fan Fest atmosphere, which is better suited to start during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.