Game Thread: ****Bama vs. Bama****

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Some act like this is abnormal. Sure we have things to work on...but we have never been a spring team that is explosive on offense. These are typically vanilla games.

Now special teams is discouraging though.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
My thoughts on the 1st half

What I don't like: FG kicking. Offensive line play. .... poor on both

What I like : Cooper Bateman & Robert Foster on offense.
Alec Morris making it happen however he can.

What I REALLY like : Kenyan Drake continuing to show that he's a difference maker with the call in his hands. Reuben Foster being the head hunter we know him to be but he's gotta wrap up and he's gotta improve his form. Troubling up see him with so many stingers so early on

What I LOVE : that crimson team defense. 1st half game ball goes to Bo Davis. These young pups on the d-line (Allen, Tomlinson, etc) are molesting these guys early and often. I love it!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I love the kid but BS is making the decision real easy as to who won't be the starting QB. Everyone is getting to see it live and in color too so it's not like it's a conspiracy. Bateman has looked way better. I expect it's between Coker and Bateman at this point and I will be happy with either. On a personal level I hate it for Sims but he's just not a D1 SEC pocket QB.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Defense has looked smothering so far. Every facet has been really impressive, especially the Line and linebackers.

Offensive has been exactly what I was expecting. Good running game, poor passing and inconsistent line play. Passing game would be better if we would target our top receivers and TE's more, but the timing from Sims has just seemed off so far.

Special teams has looked deplorable though. Punts have only been about 40 yds per kick, and field goals have been down right ugly. That will cost us more in the long run than the quarterback situation

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
This D-Line is sick, sick, sick. Hard to judge the offense because Blake isn't running on purpose and the O-line is facing a nasty bunch of men.

Hope Reuben is ok - his tackles are intense.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Bateman has looked good, but we got to remember he is playing against the 2nd team defense.
Agreed, and he's throwing to 2 receivers (Falkins and Foster) who could very easily be 1st teamers almost anywhere else in the country. Bateman has been impressive, but I still take it with a grain of salt. I'm also not ready to completely dismiss Sims either. Everyone can have an off day, and the only complaint I've had about Sims so far is a couple of his reads and his timing.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Can'tJudge the offense when the defense knows every play. It's the one on one battles that you judge in spring ball.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly..There's not much of a drop off from our 1st & 2nd team D Players..We are absolutely loaded on the D side of the ball..I think this years team will be on par, as far as depth goes, with any past D's Bama has fielded..We're going to have the best D in college football once again..If our O gels behind Coker or Sims during fall practice..This years edition of the Crimson Tide..will roll on to another NC..
Yeah but our second team defense isn't that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.