Game Thread: ****Bama vs. Bama****

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
We're the announcers talking about Kirby smart when they said "he wants to see them go for fumbles"? Cause that doesn't sound like us

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Either our offense is not very good or our defense is very good. Not sure which it is. We are not an impressive team offensively, yet. On the other hand, AU's offense looks really good and their defense looks worse than last year.
Our 1st string O is going against our 1st string D

AU's first offense is going against their #2 defense. So there is a difference.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
My biggest takes from the game were these---

Either we have the greatest defensive line potential in America, or our offensive line has a long long long way to go.

Blake still struggles with the short tight passes, and still showed a tendency to shoot it into traffic.

Reggie Ragland is going to be really really good.

Tony Brown will start at corner. He makes man coverage look like a walk in the park. What an athlete he is!

I really liked the redshirt freshman wide outs...

It's going to take awhile for the offense to adjust to Kiffin's new system. It's actually pretty different from what we've run the past few years.

All, in all..I think the defense had a huge advantage in this game because it looked like they knew our playbook. Of course they've practiced against our offense every single day. That makes it easier to defend us.

Let's get better in a hurry! Roll Tide---sip

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Either we have the greatest defensive line potential in America, or our offensive line has a long long long way to go.

Blake still struggles with the short tight passes, and still showed a tendency to shoot it into traffic.

Tony Brown will start at corner. He makes man coverage look like a walk in the park. What an athlete he is!

It's going to take awhile for the offense to adjust to Kiffin's new system. It's actually pretty different from what we've run the past few years.

All, in all..I think the defense had a huge advantage in this game because it looked like they knew our playbook. Of course they've practiced against our offense every single day. That makes it easier to defend us.

Agree...I also now agree that Coker had better be the real deal or we are in trouble at QB. Sims looked overwhelmed to me...Bateman could be good in a year or two...not yet ready...I am unsure about our OL...I hope the Juco OL is a hoss cause we need him on the left...:) RTR

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Sims didn't look good, and I have been pulling for him to do well. I think it was a combination of things. The DL played well, truth be told the entire Defense looked good, Sims didn't handle the mental side of the game well, and the play book was very small. I'm sure the offense we saw today was nothing like what the team had been running in the closed scrimmages. It was very vanilla to say the least. All of these things together gives you a poor performance. That to me is the most frustrating thing about the A-Day game. I never know if the defense or offense is that good or bad, or if it is a combination of both. I don't take much away from today except that Sims didn't seem to read the defense well, and wasn't accurate on short passes or any passes really. I have no idea how good the O-line or D-line really are. We won't know until after the 4th or 5th game.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Well, Blake Sims performed this spring game just about like he performed during last year's spring game.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Did anyone get the official attendance?
Last 10 A-Day crowds
2014 ... 73,506
2013 ... 78,315
2012 ... 78,526
2011 ... 92,310
2010 ... 91,312
2009 ... 84,050
2008 ... 78,200
2007 ... 92,138
2006 ... 40,000
2005 ... 25,000

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I guess Easter had something to do with a smaller turn-out but apparently the largest crown so far this spring, barely beating State Penn.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He won't start right away ( Tony Brown) but Look for him to start after 4 or 5 games, and keep that in mind we got Marlon H coming in ths summer...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wonder what Kiffin is thinking after watching the team struggling this afternoon? think Coaches s going back to the drawing board and make some changes to make it easy for QB...But they won't do that until COker comes in... It's starting to look like It's Coker's job now to lose.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Coker looked like a big moose walking on the sideline. Didn't realize he was so big, not just tall. Hope he is good; we need him. I can't believe Tennpenny or even Drake don't leave. Drake looks great when he runs the ball. I can see him in the pros, but the carries won't be there doesn't look like. Don't get me wrong. I am delighted to have him, but man he looks explosive to be third string; if that is what he is. If I was him, that is where I would think I was in the pecking order. Of course fumbles, not ability are probably more of a cause, but bama is loaded at runningback with the top three.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.