Game Thread: ****Bama vs. Bama****

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
We have the best offensive skill players of any team in the nation. The fact the a guy like Stewart can barely crack the depth chart is mind boggling. He could go to Auburn and he'd be the best receiver they had.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Wait...Coach Saban ripping into his playcaller on the white team again. Won't let him "shrink" the game. Making them pass the ball up 17-7

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Sims looks worse than last year and he threw two picks and one was a pick six. He stares at one guy the whole time.

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
Sims looks way worse today than he last week at the scrimmage. OLine didn't do him any favors, but he didn't help himself either. I hope Coker is as good as advertised.

RTR '14

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Sims Is not a good A day player.
Sims was 3rd best QB last year at A-Day... I'm not impressed this year either.
Everybody sez he's good in practice...

Does Bateman play better under pressure than Sims?
I know Bateman can also look raw at times. but today he was the better of the two.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Sims looks worse than last year and he threw two picks and one was a pick six. He stares at one guy the whole time.
Last year there was no pressure on Sims. He could go out, play loose, and none of it mattered since the #1 spot was locked by McCarron. This year, he was trying to prove something, and it didn't look to me like handled the pressure well. I still think he cold be a decent quarterback if he's not asked to do too much, but he just doesn't look like he can handle the pressure when the spotlight is on him.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Good to finally see what Black can do. That was an impressive catch, and an even better run after the catch. Good throw by Sims, shame he couldn't have shown more of that today.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree 100% with ya..I hate it for Blake & I wish he did better than he did today..I have zero confidence in Blake running our offense & scoring enough points needed to combat these HUNH offenses..I may get flamed for stating that & it's my honest opinion about Blake becoming our starter..I can't wait to see what Coker does in Fall Camp..
I hope Coker is the man. Because Bateman, at least for today is a lot more poised than Sims.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
And I really really hope the freshmen Kickers coming in are better than what we saw at Bama today..Our kickers are scary bad..That does worry me to no end..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
And I really really hope the freshmen Kickers coming in are better than what we saw at Bama today..Our kickers are scary bad..That does worry me to no end..
I know we did not sign a PK but we did sign a punter. Do we have any walk-on FG coming in? Somebody please say yes. We may have to have try-outs with the student body if not. This concerns me a lot.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Either our offense is not very good or our defense is very good. Not sure which it is. We are not an impressive team offensively, yet. On the other hand, AU's offense looks really good and their defense looks worse than last year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
While we feel bad for Sims, we have to keep that in mind this is the Alabama Defense they were going against. You have to look at positive and negatives in ths.. overall we came out even, we need to be more consistency on offense going into the fall and we'll be okay. Defense looks good, just need to tighten some things up. I believe the CB positions has solved lot of concerns I had and Tony Brown certainly helped... marlon coming in ths summer will be even extra iceing on the cake. Drake continues to fumble the ball and I'm very concerned about that. Overall, I thnk we did okay job.. WRs need to work on catching the ball... QBs need to be consistent. I give this A spring game C- for now. wish we had seen Crownwell playing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.