A-Day Game Good, Bad, and Ugly

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
most fans reporting the good, bad, ugly the same.

I agree basically, the overall defense looked exceptional, but, maybe the so called vanilla offene helped that.

th offensive line even considering the statements that only 7 or 10 plays of he offense was used was very offensive to me. this whole spring, we saw the juggling of the off line just like we did in the secondary last year. that never got better. the left side with no sure starter at left tackle was a disaster, and arie listed at leftguard again leaves a lot to be desired. I would sure liked to have seen Lindsay given atry at left guard. I still think, he is a better center or right guard for this year. we don't seem to have the nasty lineman like steen, warmack, fluker, carpenter, we use to have. we have a finesse off line it looks like until Jackson, and those recruits get in. qb average, bateman looks better. receivers, lots of good ones.

kicking game once again, inconsistent with the field goals. I think punting will be alright.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
most fans reporting the good, bad, ugly the same.

I agree basically, the overall defense looked exceptional, but, maybe the so called vanilla offene helped that.

th offensive line even considering the statements that only 7 or 10 plays of he offense was used was very offensive to me. this whole spring, we saw the juggling of the off line just like we did in the secondary last year. that never got better. the left side with no sure starter at left tackle was a disaster, and arie listed at leftguard again leaves a lot to be desired. I would sure liked to have seen Lindsay given atry at left guard. I still think, he is a better center or right guard for this year. we don't seem to have the nasty lineman like steen, warmack, fluker, carpenter, we use to have. we have a finesse off line it looks like until Jackson, and those recruits get in. qb average, bateman looks better. receivers, lots of good ones.

kicking game once again, inconsistent with the field goals. I think punting will be alright.
If the defense had been the unit that struggled with the offense in shackles, then we would have reason to worry.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I am watching the game on css right now and no expert but I don't think I will worry to much about the offense. For one thing the defense is freakish fast no doubt about it. The Oline is divided by two different teams and I know its the first line and the second line but I believe the starters are in both lines. I don't have worries at this point but maybe the kicking game. To many skilled players and a lot of talent on the line for us to struggle to much this season on offense. If we do then in my opinon we need some more new coaches.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
we could have done what the barners did and run 1st offense and defense against 2nd and 3rd team defense and make the 1st teamers look better. This post is brought by my barner friends who are very rowdy on facebook about how many points their O put up

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
This just in: Our Game Plan was to show our opponents for the fall NOTHING! I think we were very successful in carrying out this Game Plan. They saw NOTHING that would help them plan for us in defending against our Offense, except they better watch # 9 and #5 and maybe #8 very closely. While watching those guys, Mr. Sims could just be scampering down the field for an 80 yard TD. So, the bottom line, don't get discouraged by Mr. Sims performance yesterday. He carried out the Game Plan perfectly. Just my opinion or JMHO.

I think Mr. Sims will be the starting QB against West Virginia. Here's hoping our game plan on that day will be enough to beat WV by at least 3 TD's.

Did the Barn show everything that they had on Offense at their auday? Probably.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.