*** CB Minkah Fitzpatrick Commits to Alabama ***

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: *** CB Minkah Fitzpatrick commits to Bama***

Welcome aboard Minkah ! With guys like Brown, Humphrey, Jackson and now Fitzpatrick, future looks good at the position of CB.

RTR !
Agreed. Can you imagine our nickel and dime packages with these guys all on the field at the same time!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

FWIW, Fitzpatrick visited Penn State over the weekend. He still says that he is firm to Alabama, but he's still looking around, and admittedly Penn State ought to draw some concern. James Franklin is an unreal recruiter in his own right, and if location ever becomes an issue here we are in very deep trouble.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
As much as I like you BET, I always get nervous when you're the last comment on a kid who's given us a verbal. Lol
Haha, I join you on that one. Any time I see an old committed prospect thread bump to the top of the board, I think, "Oh goodness, what's happened now?"

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Unfortunately on this front, it appears that the Fitzpatrick news is a bit concerning. He went to PSU with his parents, so this wasn't one of those random weekend trip with a teammate type situations.

Hopefully we can get him back to Tuscaloosa shortly, but, again, if distance becomes any serious consideration here, it's a hopeless fight. State College is three hours from him, Tuscaloosa is fifteen, and that's just a battle we can't win. Not saying that happens, mind you, just saying that if it does we are effectively DOA here, verbal commitment or not.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Unfortunately on this front, it appears that the Fitzpatrick news is a bit concerning. He went to PSU with his parents, so this wasn't one of those random weekend trip with a teammate type situations.

Hopefully we can get him back to Tuscaloosa shortly, but, again, if distance becomes any serious consideration here, it's a hopeless fight. State College is three hours from him, Tuscaloosa is fifteen, and that's just a battle we can't win. Not saying that happens, mind you, just saying that if it does we are effectively DOA here, verbal commitment or not.
Thanks for the update man, really hope we can hang on to his commitment. I understand your sentiment on this one definitely one to watch but wishing the young man success in whatever he does. I'm just hoping he rolls with the Tide. :)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

His teammate is also Penn State's lone QB commit for the 2015 class.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I just saw this posted about Minkah..He's the #1 rated prospect recruit from New Jersey..Nice..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

In the individual national rankings, St. Peter's Prep cornerback Minkah Fitzpatrick was tabbed the No. 63 prospect in the country and the No. 1 prospect for the state of New Jersey. In addition, the four-star recruit was tabbed the No. 7 ranked cornerback.

Here's a pic of him..He's a tall rangy looking player..Perfect size for a Coach Saban CB..

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Minkah's teammate Brandon Wimbush was committed to Penn State but flipped to Notre Dame today. That could help Bama in holding off Penn State.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
Minkah's teammate Brandon Wimbush was committed to Penn State but flipped to Notre Dame today. That could help Bama in holding off Penn State.
To be honest, I've been more concerned about FSU than Penn State, even before Wimbush's decision.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

In this video, JC Shurburtt says FSU feels good about flipping Minkah. As usual, the last month of a recruiting class will be crazy.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

In this video, JC Shurburtt says FSU feels good about flipping Minkah. As usual, the last month of a recruiting class will be crazy.
:) And don't forget last year the Barn also posted their good feelings on landing Evans on their official website on NSD ... I'm thinking Minkah sticks with the Tide regardless of all the smoke other folks are trying to put out there.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

:) And don't forget last year the Barn also posted their good feelings on landing Evans on their official website on NSD ... I'm thinking Minkah sticks with the Tide regardless of all the smoke other folks are trying to put out there.
I would strongly suspect that guys like Minkah are continuing to be recruited as though they were still open. Well, maybe a little differently? That`s an interesting question, come to think of it.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida

This whole deal is becoming too confusing and stressful. I believe it is well past time for BET to weigh in, and set things straight for the rest of us addicts.
how about it, BET?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I hope we can keep him, we need all the DB's we can sign. Especially those with size and speed. We need some quality depth so we build something.

Sent from my LG G2 4GLTE via Verizon

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I hope we can keep him. After 2015, the only CBs with experience would be Eddie and the two signees from last year. Safety is in a similar position this coming season, where we may see a true freshman start there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.