LB Leo Lewis Signs With Mississippi State (Update: Page 6)

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Re: *** ILB Leo Lewis Commits to Alabama ***

AL.com reporting Lewis recommitted while at the Big Dawg camp in Starkville.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: *** ILB Leo Lewis Commits to Alabama ***

Leo says he committed too soon today after attending the Big Dawg camp in Starkville, where MSU had great success on the recruiting front. I would expect a phone call from Kirby or Saban will happen within the next day.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Re: ILB Leo Lewis Decommits from Alabama

That leaves Anderson as our only linebacker in this class. How much of a priority is LB this year and who are our top targets?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Josh McMillan and Adonis Thomas are the other top targets. Good chance of getting one or the other. Its a long way till NSD, sit back and enjoy. As far as Lewis is concerned, when he committed early at A Day, it was too good to be true for a Mississippi kid of that caliber. As it turns out, it was too good to be true... Some feel that Bama won't be that actively involve again with his recruitment at this juncture and most likely he will not be leaving his home state.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

For some reason it's hard to pull top talent in Mi$$i$$ippi away from the cellar dwelling universities there.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

For some reason it's hard to pull top talent in Mi$$i$$ippi away from the cellar dwelling universities there.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Very good point but don't think this one is over. He may have got caught up in all the excitement with the 6 other commits. As time goes by that will fade and he may come to his senses.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

It must be really difficult for young kids getting out of MS. If he recommits with us again that's great. If not, I wish him luck -- except when whatever team he plays for plays the Tide.

Capt Crimson

Jan 13, 2010

He just needs to visit Mi$$ $t campus on a non Big Dawg Day during the week. Jus Say'n. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

The latest on Lewis- he stated that he committed too early and had been contemplating on de commitment for the last few seeks or so. He plans to take things slow, step back and evaluate everything closer. He is very high on Mississippi St and feels like home when he's in starkville. What a surprised..
Anyway, he plans on taking more visits and watch all the teams of interests either on TV or live. Anything can happen in recruiting as we all know, but as of right now, I would be shock if he re committed to Alabama. My money would be on Mississippi st.

We are loaded at LBs and will be fine. The 2016 class for LBs is going to be very good, in fact, Alabama may not need to go out of state to get LBs.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

just wait and see how the season turns out. a lot of these kids make decisions or even change their mind based on how well or how bad the season turns out. Heck for all we know Mullin might not make it past this season.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States

All this $$$$$ being given to recruits by universities in the great state of Mississippi sure seems to me to have been about as wasted as the tax payers money sent to Washington D.C. the past hundred or so years! Then again I think our politicians have fared better than the Mississippi schools!

Who cares? If they don't play for Bama then let that be their reward! We know who the winners of the world are! ;)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Lewis is definitely a take, so we would re-welcome him back into the fold, and FWIW it's a possibility that he may still end up in Tuscaloosa regardless.

Honestly, this isn't exactly major news in a lot of ways. The staff has always regarded Lewis as a soft commit, and someone that they would have to work very hard to hold onto down the stretch. We'll see how it plays out from here.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

That leaves Anderson as our only linebacker in this class. How much of a priority is LB this year and who are our top targets?
Lewis is still right at the top of the board, de-commitment notwithstanding, but frankly I think it's relatively clear that LB will not be a particularly big priority this year as a general matter. Keep in mind that we signed Evans, Miller, and Hamilton at LB in the 2014 class, and signed two more (Clark and Holcombe) that could also see snaps there. We will certainly take two or three linebackers in the class, but by no means is it a glaring need at this point in time.

Last edited:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Lewis is still right at the top of the board, de-commitment notwithstanding, but frankly I think it's relatively clear that LB will not be a particularly big priority this year as a general matter. Keep in mind that we signed Evans, Miller, and Hamilton at LB in the 2014 class, and signed two more (Clark and Holcombe) that could also see snaps there. We will certainly take two or three linebackers in the class, but by no means is it a glaring need at this point in time.
Plus, we have guys like Mekhi and Bell that depending on development may be a LB or DE. I do think ILB (Will or Mike) is a bigger priority than outside guys unless some folks we have on campus move inside.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.