*** WR Calvin Ridley Commits to Alabama ***

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
"95%"?? If you're not 100%, then don't commit.
I am just guessing here, but I believe he was 100% sure when he committed. How many months ago was that? 95% sure as heck is better than 5%, but until they sign the dotted line in February you're always going to worry. Hopefully we will be worrying about it with #16 fresh on our minds! ;)

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: ***WR Calvin Ridley commits to Alabama***

just bumping this because someone will invariably post a new thread..... news is re-breaking today that he will be ineligible after Week 3 due to age restrictions. He will be 19 years and 9 months after September 13 and thus ineligible the rest of the year based on Florida HS rules.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

just bumping this because someone will invariably post a new thread..... news is re-breaking today that he will be ineligible after Week 3 due to age restrictions. He will be 19 years and 9 months after September 13 and thus ineligible the rest of the year based on Florida HS rules.
That kinda stinks. Isn't he going to be an early enrollee?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Hate to hear that but Nudie went through the same thing (actually whole year IIRC) and it did not effect his play. Hopefully he gets to at least play in three games and with him being an EE that won't be too much time missed.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Ridley finished up his high school career this past weekend, and his prep playing days are now over due to him finally reaching the age maximum of 19 years and 9 months. He won't see the field in a competitive game until next August.

Frankly, although you hate to see him miss some game work, you're almost relieved to hear a development like this. No one doubts his ability, so it's not like he has to prove himself anew, and honestly the reduced injury risk is a big sigh of relief. I do expect, though, that other schools will continue to push very hard for him all the way until the end. Ridley is a pretty small guy for a WR these days, but he has convinced many evaluators that he will be a three-year player.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Ridley finished up his high school career this past weekend, and his prep playing days are now over due to him finally reaching the age maximum of 19 years and 9 months. He won't see the field in a competitive game until next August.

Frankly, although you hate to see him miss some game work, you're almost relieved to hear a development like this. No one doubts his ability, so it's not like he has to prove himself anew, and honestly the reduced injury risk is a big sigh of relief. I do expect, though, that other schools will continue to push very hard for him all the way until the end. Ridley is a pretty small guy for a WR these days, but he has convinced many evaluators that he will be a three-year player.
Agreed BET. He at least got to play 4 or 5 games and like you said avoided injury. He will be in T-town in 3 months as an EE. May come in a little rusty but not too bad.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Any concern with him taking an official visit elsewhere?
Ridley has been pretty firm, and in general I think he's been more solid than many feared he would be. Also, note that he intends to enroll early, so this one is down to its last three weeks.

FWIW, I think Ridley is particularly keen on his chances of getting early playing time at Alabama. Believe he feels that by enrolling early -- along with the attrition of Cooper, White, and Jones -- that he can make himself part of the rotation next fall as a true freshman. Won't be easy, of course, but we'll see.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.