Post-A-Day Depth Chart (combined from both teams)...

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
This is the presumptive post-spring depth chart, combined from the A-Day rosters as they would have been for an actual game. Injured players are included at their assumed positions.

OFFENSE

SE
9 Amari Cooper
80 Raheem Falkins
13 ArDarius Stewart
FL
2 DeAndrew White
8 Robert Foster
7 Cameron Sims
WR
22 Christion Jones
5 Chris Black
87 Parker Barrineau
TE
84 Brian Vogler
88 O.J. Howard
85 Malcolm Faciane
HB
45 Jalston Fowler
41 Kurt Freitag
46 Michael Nysewander
RT
79 Austin Shepherd
64 Grant Hill
62 Will Davis
RG
72 Leon Brown
50 Alphonse Taylor
73 Brandon Hill
C
70 Ryan Kelly
69 Paul Waldrop
66 Chris Posa
LG
77 Arie Kouandjio
68 Isaac Luatua
75 Bradley Bozeman
LT
74 Cameron Robinson
58 Brandon Greene
61 Austin Peavler
QB
6 Blake Sims
18 Cooper Bateman
11 Alec Morris
RB
4 T.J. Yeldon
27 Derrick Henry
17 Kenyan Drake
PK
99 Adam Griffith
98 Adrian Lamothe
97 John Pizzitola

DEFENSE

DT/E
86 A'Shawn Robinson
93 Jonathan Allen
54 Dalvin Tomlinson
NG
99 Brandon Ivory
95 Darren Lake
94 Dakota Ball
E
90 Jarran Reed
57 D.J. Pettway
53 Anthony Orr
JACK
47 Xzavier Dickson
56 Tim Williams
7 Ryan Anderson
WLB
19 Reggie Ragland
10 Reuben Foster
34 Tyler Owens
MLB
33 Trey DePriest
11 Shaun Dion Hamilton
55 Josh Dickerson
SLB
30 Denzel Devall
25 Dillon Lee
35 Walker Jones
RCB
4 Eddie Jackson
5 Cyrus Jones
2 Tony Brown
FS
26 Landon Collins
27 Nick Perry
23 Jabriel Washington
SS
24 Geno Smith
20 Jarrick Williams
6 Laurence Jones
LCB
3 Bradley Sylve
21 Maurice Smith
28 Anthony Averett
P
11 Alec Morris
98 Adrian Lamothe
97 John Pizzitola

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
IMO: Sims hold on the number one QB spot slipped away.
He played poorly in that Offense.
One of my complaints was that sometimes Sims has been a 'Run First QB'.
Several times last year he ignored Yeldon and Henry, and tried to do it on his own.
That just goes against the way we have been playing football for the last 5 years...
Today he tried to be a Passing QB, missed reads, and didn't get the job done.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I wasn't able to attend but did watch on tv. I'm not as much worried about the qb position as I am the Oline. It looked exactly like the same problems we were having all of last year. Missed assignments and an array of inconsistent play. I'll reserve judgement until after the season but I'm starting to wonder if the oline coaching is the problem. There were many times today that the oline just looked plain awful. It is amazing the amount of talent we've brought in on the oline yet continue to struggle. We better vastly improve or that first game against West Virginia maybe much closer than expected.

Last edited:

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
Qb play wasn't very good(probally why coach saban is waiting on Coker) OL is still a problem hope it will get fixed by Sept. Defense looked real good. I think that Brown kid will be a good one so

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
My take on QB play is essentially like everyone else's; not very impressed at all, but it's impossible to get an accurate read when you take their ability to elude pressure by limiting contact. CB looked pretty good at times, not good at others. BS looked like he always has, but he had several beautiful passes that were dead on the money, only to be dropped by the receivers. I think that is what helped CB to look better than BS overall (although he threaded the needle on a couple beautiful throws). It seemed like every snap AM took under center, he was running for his life. It kinda looked to me almost like the line wouldn't block for him at times...(in reality, I know they were....it just seemed that way). AM did very good punting, and that may work out well in a fake punt situation down the road seeing how he could be a dual threat in that aspect.

FWIW, I thought the halftime show was very entertaining as well!!!

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I wasn't able to attend but did watch on tv. I'm not as much worried about the qb position as I am the Oline. It looked exactly like the same problems we were having all of last year. Missed assignments and an array of inconsistent play. I'll reserve judgement until after the season but I'm starting to wonder if the oline coaching is the problem. There were many times today that the oline just looked plain awful. It is amazing the amount of talent we've brought in on the oline yet continue to struggle. We better vastly improve or that first game against West Virginia maybe much closer than expected.
I don't know how but our OL is going to have to get "nastier" otherwise we're in for a long season. Maybe CNS needs to call them out like he did the DL early on during spring practice.

All I keep hearing from the OL guys is how they need to improve on "communication". Well, at some point you have to put some of the other guys on their butt.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
All I keep hearing from the OL guys is how they need to improve on "communication". Well, at some point you have to put some of the other guys on their butt.
Seems the 'communication' problem started when Cristobal showed up! Did the line calls, blocking, form etc change when JS left and MC showed up? Maybe CNS needs to tell Cristobal to go back to the blocking system JS ran.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Seems the 'communication' problem started when Cristobal showed up! Did the line calls, blocking, form etc change when JS left and MC showed up? Maybe CNS needs to tell Cristobal to go back to the blocking system JS ran.
And maybe, Stoutland can toss in the three all-Americans who made him and his line look so good. :rolleyes:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
There's only two guys on the second team, depth chart wise that I don't understand--Chris Black and Jonathan Allen.
I know being a "starter" doesn't mean that much in our scheme, but I want those two guys out there with a chance to make plays, because they are definitely "play makers".
sip

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
And maybe, Stoutland can toss in the three all-Americans who made him and his line look so good. :rolleyes:
In all fairness we shouldn't need to have future NFL caliber offensive linemen to have at least a functional offensive line. Whatever this "communication" problem is that keeps being thrown out as the reason for all the breakdowns in the line. It needs to get fixed. If it is the players then if they can't get it right put the next guy up out there and give him a shot. If it is the coaching or scheme we're in for a long, long season.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
In all fairness we shouldn't need to have future NFL caliber offensive linemen to have at least a functional offensive line. Whatever this "communication" problem is that keeps being thrown out as the reason for all the breakdowns in the line. It needs to get fixed. If it is the players then if they can't get it right put the next guy up out there and give him a shot. If it is the coaching or scheme we're in for a long, long season.
----------
We had a serviceable line last year, Buzzard. But it keeps being compared to THAT line. We don't quite know what we have for next year. Hopefully they'll improve, but I think "communication" covers experience, cohesiveness and talent. We all hope they'll get better, but they'll never be THAT good. They don't have the ability and they haven't had the luxury of playing together for multiple years.

If they don't become functional, we'll have real problems beating any legitimate team.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
This may be a dumb question & I apologize if it is..Being a die hard college football fan..I'm a bit embarrassed & ashamed to ask..You have Cooper, Falkins, and Stewart all listed as SE on offense..What exactly does SE stand for..Hey you don't know if ya don't ask..LOL

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
This may be a dumb question & I apologize if it is..Being a die hard college football fan..I'm a bit embarrassed & ashamed to ask..You have Cooper, Falkins, and Stewart all listed as SE on offense..What exactly does SE stand for..Hey you don't know if ya don't ask..LOL
Split End. or the farthest outside receiver. Normally on the right side of the QB.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Don't feel bad man, Split End is kind of an outdated term. Wide receivers used to be termed as Split End's and Flankers. Now both terms are basically extinct and you really only hear the terms wide receivers and slot receivers.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Thank You sip..I feel better knowing that now..It was irritating me to death trying to figure that out..Makes perfect sense now & I learned something new..LOL
No prob Tideman. Also, Open left, slot right, means the wide receiver(Amari) lines up wide to the left, and the other wideout lines up wide to the right, with Christian Jones or Chris Black in the slot to the right.
They've changed it now as far as terminology. But that's pretty much the way it is.
sip

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
----------
We had a serviceable line last year, Buzzard. But it keeps being compared to THAT line. We don't quite know what we have for next year. Hopefully they'll improve, but I think "communication" covers experience, cohesiveness and talent. We all hope they'll get better, but they'll never be THAT good. They don't have the ability and they haven't had the luxury of playing together for multiple years.

If they don't become functional, we'll have real problems beating any legitimate team.
With regards to last years line. IMO, that line was not even functional with regard to how they performed over an entire season. Sure, they had their moments and even looked great in a game (second half LSU). But overall they weren't very good. And that's not even comparing them to the 2012 offensive line. Having rewatched a lot of last year's games I didn't realize how much of our backs yardage came from having to dodge an initial defender who'd penetrated the line. Kenyan Drake on many occasions had to juke a defender two yards into the backfield. This was a very common occurrence with last year's line. Break down after break down after breakdown. Were they atrocious? No. But they were very inconsistent not only from game to game but from play to play.

There were other offensive lines with less physical talent that performed better than ours last season. We've gotten to the point with our recruiting that the last thing I point to is "lack of talent".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.