Link: South Carolina President outlines proposed NCAA rules to improve treatment of players

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Don't see this over here yet. This may be a day late and a dollar short. The NW players vote on unionization the next day after the NCAA vote. I'm particularly intrigued by the weighted voting changes...

LINK

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The two main, common sense aspects that I see would be the stipends and insurance. Those really make a ton of sense and should have happened a while ago.

GrayTide has a point in the sense that these changes have been blocked by the smaller colleges, and it was all part of a late 80s/early 90s move towards leveling the playing field and giving those smaller colleges a foothold that a lot of current rules went into affect (like current levels of scholarship limits). If the major conferences can't rid themselves of this poisonous influence, they might be brought down by them.

But... and the point stands that this might be too late, but if they can get this through, via fear or what not, then the major conferences can try to do more common sense things. For instance, they might be able to hire more coaches, and be able to better train and care for their players. If they can just gain the ability to do things they've really wanted to all along, that just might save college football. If they can't? Things will get very messy and there's no telling what might happen.

I saw an article in which Calipari outlined several things, and they all made sense to me. So, I'd think the major conferences would go that direction if they had the ability...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.