Link: UA Renegotiates Contract With Learfield Sports for $150-160 Million for Next 10 Years

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click here

Roll Tide is right.

The University of Alabama is set to capitalize on its success over the last five years by signing one of the nation’s most lucrative multimedia rights deals with Learfield Sports worth at least $150 million to $160 million over 10 years.

The extension of a long-term relationship between the Crimson Tide and Learfield will now run through June 30, 2024. Alabama, which has been with Learfield since 1998, took advantage of an opt-out in its previous deal to renegotiate. The school, which did not talk to other companies, could make even more money through a revenue-share — on top of the guarantee — if Learfield’s sales top certain thresholds.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
What does multi media rights entail? Is it just radio now that pay per view is dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
What does multi media rights entail? Is it just radio now that pay per view is dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd wager that it involves any rebroadcast of the audio portion of the game in any form of media. They are gonna get paid if it's rebroadcast over the airwaves, or through the web, or put on a CD/DVD and sold, or bundled with the rebroadcast of the games on Wednesday night during the season.

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
Bill Battle arrived at the University at the perfect time with a perfect match of experience and expertise to maximize the opportunity of Alabama football. Learfield Sports is flush with cash and now has 96 college and Universities under contract. They are the dominant force in the industry. Even so, they only own 70% of Crimson Tide Sports Marketing sharing the other 30% with IMG. It is a win, win, win for all parties....and it is going to get better. Both the pouring rights for University athletics and the vending rights are coming up for renegotiations in May of '18. An executive with Coca Cola of North America has told me they consider the University of Alabama to be the #1 marketing asset in the Southeast. They know it is going to cost big bucks when contract bidding comes up and I fully expect them to pay it.

What is really significant for Alabama football is Learfield recognizes we are in the golden years of the program and they see our future as even brighter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.