Report : Miss St cleared of any wrongdoing in Luther Davis case

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...lears-mississippi-state-in-luther-davis-probe

Seven months after Mississippi State was one of three SEC school publicly connected to yet another impermissible benefits imbroglio, it appears the Bulldogs are in the clear.

Jeremy Fowler of CBSSports.com, citing a source with direct knowledge of the situation, writes that “Mississippi State will not face punishment over the alleged illicit benefits published in a Yahoo Sports report” and that “[t]he NCAA notified the Bulldogs that it considers the school’s role in the matter closed.”

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I read that article and what bothers me us that they can't find Luther Davis and what does this case means for Tennessee and Alabama?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Surprised that no one has anything to say about this.
I think at this point there's no reason to believe Alabama will be seriously punished (especially not considering the light punishment Miami got, and the 0 punishment Auburn got for what really was multiple investigations/issues), but it's also kind of hard to believe there would be no punishment at all. This development can't be a bad one, Luther Davis is not talking to the NCAA, that's good, but some people did talk to the NCAA and what they said will matter, a lot.

Tennessee essentially admitted wrong doing, when they suspended a player (and I think he talked to the NCAA) and then the NCAA ruled he was permanently ineligible. Tennessee had the most serious potential violations, as it involved multiple players and a current player. Miss. St was on the other side, and they got no punishment. That puts Alabama somewhere in the middle. What did Tennessee basically confess to? Did they implicate anyone else (they've done it before)? Alabama didn't have as many potential violations, but they didn't have a player to permanently suspend either. In the past, I think Alabama has been a little fast to throw themselves on the mercy of the NCAA. I hope this time that they just lawyered up and denied any wrong doing, because the way things have been going that seems like a good way to avoid any punishment.

Andy

3rd Team
Jan 21, 2005
Jess or Earl, or anyone else, do you know anything about this? I was not aware there was any investigation about this. I am not surprised but surprised it was not leaked. I assume that we are being investigated as well? Are w expected to come out clean here? Any knowledge you have will be appreciated.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.