Georgia Tech spring game reportedly attracts 117 fans

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
And too think we could've had that at Bama, had Mal listened to some of us & hired Coach Johnson, Coach Johson wasn't my #1 choice, but, I wasn't against hiring him at the time we thought Coach Saban was a pipe dream..And whoever thought of playing the game on a Friday night is a complete moron, if you want the students to come to the spring game, don't play it on a weekend night, at a time the student body is partying & getting absolutely hammered..LOL

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I stated in another thread, but there were definitely more than 117. I'd guess 1,000. Not that it's much better but still. I actually felt bad for them. I was there and literally walked STEPS from my car to the stadium. I walked much more going down to the front row once inside the stadium than to my car. Hmmm, never had that happen at Bryant-Denny before. :)

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
This is just sad for the players to see the lack of support they have. I always feel sorry for MTSU here, but this is ridiculous.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
While the turnout was admittedly atrocious, there were more than 117 folks there. Maybe 1,170 - I might buy that one.

dabaxter was busy coaching the Jackets. You are not gonna convince me that wasn't CPJ. He probably needs to go to another board soon.

Maybe......Vandy?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Having it on a Friday is idiotic. In addition to the issue with students someone mentioned, you have the problem of getting to downtown Atlanta. And while it isn't their fault it rained, having it in the daytime is going to be much warmer in April than at night but not to the point of being uncomfortably hot.

They also had some type on Fan Fair they had to cancel. Even with good weather, a better time to start all that is Saturday morning and then start the game in midafternoon.

I understand not wanting to conflict with other games, but if an ACC program in a major city can't sustain itself, they have deep issues.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Having it on a Friday is idiotic. In addition to the issue with students someone mentioned, you have the problem of getting to downtown Atlanta. And while it isn't their fault it rained, having it in the daytime is going to be much warmer in April than at night but not to the point of being uncomfortably hot.

They also had some type on Fan Fair they had to cancel. Even with good weather, a better time to start all that is Saturday morning and then start the game in midafternoon.

I understand not wanting to conflict with other games, but if an ACC program in a major city can't sustain itself, they have deep issues.
It was a good move. They were able to attract both UAB fans since their game was cancelled.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Georgia Tech has gone from sharing a national title under Bobby Ross to a place where Clemson, Florida State, and Georgia fans get the kind of seats they could only dream of in the their home stadiums when they travel to play the Jackets. It's sad to see.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
And too think we could've had that at Bama, had Mal listened to some of us & hired Coach Johnson, Coach Johson wasn't my #1 choice, but, I wasn't against hiring him at the time we thought Coach Saban was a pipe dream..And whoever thought of playing the game on a Friday night is a complete moron, if you want the students to come to the spring game, don't play it on a weekend night, at a time the student body is partying & getting absolutely hammered..LOL
I'll admit I was in the hire Paul Johnson group. I thought his offense fit at Bama. Boy, we dodged a bullet on that decision!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Georgia Tech has gone from sharing a national title under Bobby Ross with Bill Curry's recruits to a place where Clemson, Florida State, and Georgia fans get the kind of seats they could only dream of in the their home stadiums when they travel to play the Jackets. It's sad to see.
Fixed 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.