Chick-fil-A Puts the "Peach" Back Into the Beach Powl

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Good for them. I really wish we could put Tangerine and Bluebonnet back in bowl game names but that ain't happening soon.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
some sponsors like Chick-fili-A can do this and still make an impact...because both CFA and the Peach Bowl are products of Atlanta

Others see the traditional name as real estate they cannot afford to give up...and they don't mesh.

We all still called it the Peach Bowl anyway...so maybe that is why CFA decided to put it in print.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm a traditionalist ( some would call us types 'old farts') - so for me, this is nice to see.

BTW....last year's Chick-fil-A Bowl was a good one too...how 'bout that Duke offense!?! :)

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
Sweet News, bet there will be some juicy matchups.

But if Bama ends up there it would be the pits

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
some sponsors like Chick-fili-A can do this and still make an impact...because both CFA and the Peach Bowl are products of Atlanta

Others see the traditional name as real estate they cannot afford to give up...and they don't mesh.

We all still called it the Peach Bowl anyway...so maybe that is why CFA decided to put it in print.
"The decision to include Peach in the name for the first time since 2006 came in part because conference commissioners determined last April that any games involved in the College Football Playoff could not go solely by a corporate name."

http://espn.go.com/c...ootball-playoff

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

What a great opportunity to have "Peach" milkshakes leading up to and shortly after the game.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm a traditionalist. I believe in the pitcher batting (no DH), one marriage, and that Oswald acted alone. I favor day World Series games, pennant races, and the Bluebonnet Bowl on New Year's Eve. I'm an American who hates the New York Yankees and thinks Sports Illustrated is overrated, Skip Bayless escaped from rehab without finishing, and voting for a guy one time and his opponent the next. I believe God intended for New Year's Day to conclude the bowl season except for the Peach Bowl, which should be played on January 2.

And I'm for love.....and I'm for happiness...and I'm for.....if you don't like it can't you just let it pass?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.