Question: Respect: Yes Ma'am insulting?

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
No ma'am. It's not being old fashion; it's trying to show a little respect in a self serving world.

My daddy always told me to be respectful of older people and those in authority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I have a man that works under me that is old enough to be a parent. He calls me Mr. and Sir. At first I had trouble with it, because of the age difference. I never said anything, I just let it go. I took a while for me to realize he was doing what his momma taught him, and she'd be proud.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
An increasing segment of the population disrespects respect, and feels threatened by those who demonstrate respect.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Did we ever consider the possibility that she found it insulting because she is actually a he? Nowadays, we gots to ask these questions.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Did we ever consider the possibility that she found it insulting because she is actually a he? Nowadays, we gots to ask these questions.
Ha! Well in response to your earlier inquiry as to her relative attractiveness, the answer is yes. So if she was in fact a he, then I am in danger of being gay.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Ha! Well in response to your earlier inquiry as to her relative attractiveness, the answer is yes. So if she was in fact a he, then I am in danger of being gay.
Don't worry. There's therapy for that.
And, it never hurts to ask if she is actually a guy. You know, just in case. It's not like she (he) would be offended, unless she (he) is one of these uptight, sensitive souls looking to be offended.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Many of us know that when someone uses etiquette and courtesy in their every day vernacular - it is a by-product of the military as much as just good old fashioned parenting.

For that reason it brings out a sense of patriotism if nothing else.

God bless our military....often picking up when poor parenting leaves off. :rolleyes:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.