Link: Source: Chad Lindsay To Buckeyes

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Pretty amazing that we have so many folks who think they know better than Coach Saban regarding personnel decisions. :conf2:

Maybe CL just prefers ugly wimmins, bland food and cold weather? :wink:

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Pretty amazing that we have so many folks who think they know better than Coach Saban regarding personnel decisions. :conf2:

Maybe CL just prefers ugly wimmins, bland food and cold weather? :wink:
Heaven forbid anyone would ever question the infallible Nick Saban...plus, Miss Terry may be trolling the boards to report back how unappreciative the posters on tide fans are.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'd like to think after being in Tuscaloosa several years, a player would develop a fondness and sense of loyalty to the University. I think many do, just evidently not Lindsay. In the past, we've had other players ride the bench, helping the team by adding depth, when they could start somewhere like Ohio State.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Heaven forbid anyone would ever question the infallible Nick Saban...plus, Miss Terry may be trolling the boards to report back how unappreciative the posters on tide fans are.
Forgot your blue font there. ;)

I do think it's comical to think that CNS and his entire staff, who work countless hours, wouldn't consider everything times infinity that we talk about on TideFans.

It's not that he is infallible...no human is, but it's just not possible that CNS and company didn't notice that CL is (supposedly) a better run blocker than Kelly. My earlier point is, there is something in play that we don't know about and to question "why" is pretty useless otherthan to have message board content. However, to suggests the coaches blew it on CL is rather judgmental not knowing all the facts.

Last edited:

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

Not trying to suggest that Coach is infallible, but I'm pretty damn sure he has a better grasp on the +'s and -'s of two players he sees on a daily basis. Especially for a position as critical as the center position, the 2nd most critical position after the QB on the offensive side of the ball anyway.

It's completely ludicrus to even suggest that multiple guys on a message board can spot things that a Coach the caliber of Coach Saban cannot see. Have you had any problems with his choices for any of his previous centers?

The guy knows what he's doing.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Not trying to suggest that Coach is infallible, but I'm pretty damn sure he has a better grasp on the +'s and -'s of two players he sees on a daily basis. Especially for a position as critical as the center position, the 2nd most critical position after the QB on the offensive side of the ball anyway.

It's completely ludicrus to even suggest that multiple guys on a message board can spot things that a Coach the caliber of Coach Saban cannot see. Have you had any problems with his choices for any of his previous centers?

The guy knows what he's doing.
My comment is general to the evolving apparently prevailing view that no one should ever question anything said or done by Saban. It's odd because the people who constantly go after anyone who dares go an inch off the reservation always say something like "I'm not saying he's perfect" while at the same time refusing to accept any criticism of him. As for decisions about center...in my opinion the line was better with Lindsey than Kelly. I know it's tantamount to apostasy to say that but as coach likes to say "it is what it is."

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I'll just say this - I saw 3 of our O-linemen get whipped more much last year than Lindsay did. Two of those guys were starters in the A Day game, and they were still getting whipped. I don't pretend to know all the specifics, but if I had to guess, I think Lindsay left because he thought he was better than at least 2 guys starting in front of him. Seeing their performance on field, it's hard for me not to agree with him.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Could've tried him at left guard before he took off....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly. Him or Kelly. I think CL is a more natural Center because of his build. Kelly has a bit more size and I think would have an easier time pulling.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I'll just say this - I saw 3 of our O-linemen get whipped more much last year than Lindsay did. Two of those guys were starters in the A Day game, and they were still getting whipped. I don't pretend to know all the specifics, but if I had to guess, I think Lindsay left because he thought he was better than at least 2 guys starting in front of him. Seeing their performance on field, it's hard for me not to agree with him.
I don't blame CL for leaving to get PT. The issue with any sport is game versus practice. Some players look great in one but not the other. That's one of many fine lines for a coach. A thing that worked to CL's advantage was the competition he started against too; he wasn't going against our best opponents. Considering the OL issues with OU and the barn, I would've liked to see him get snaps in those games just to see how he competed if I thought he was considering a transfer. Maybe the transfer came as a surprise to the coaches; or maybe the coaches are counting on development or one of the incoming guys this summer to take over a spot (Jackson looks like a beast; I think he'll find a spot somewhere).

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't blame CL for leaving to get PT. The issue with any sport is game versus practice. Some players look great in one but not the other. That's one of many fine lines for a coach. A thing that worked to CL's advantage was the competition he started against too; he wasn't going against our best opponents. Considering the OL issues with OU and the barn, I would've liked to see him get snaps in those games just to see how he competed if I thought he was considering a transfer. Maybe the transfer came as a surprise to the coaches; or maybe the coaches are counting on development or one of the incoming guys this summer to take over a spot (Jackson looks like a beast; I think he'll find a spot somewhere).
He started the Iron Bowl.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Maybe we should have a fax campaign to allow fans to select our starters'

Oh wait a minute, we've already done that and it gave us the Dubose Error.

:eek2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Why even get on a message board if you don't like the idea of fans discussing who the better player is or what might be a better lineup?

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

saban has actually made some bad decisions in his time here...like when he hired the 12 year old from texas to run the offense the first year he was here. to be sure, he quickly rectified that...but that was his call and it was a bad call. it's looking more and more like hiring cristobal wasn't the best choice either.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly..As good as Coach Saban is, he still makes mistake, cause at the end f the day, he's still human & makes mistakes like the rest of us..And this is a message board that is here to discuss any & all things Bama..As long as the discussion doesn't become personal & nobody crosses that proverbial line the Mods warn us all about when we sign up..I don't see what the problem is to vent that you disagree with decisions Coach Saban makes on this forum..Especially when the forum is as slow as it is right now..JMHO

Why even get on a message board if you don't like the idea of fans discussing who the better player is or what might be a better lineup?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.