Link: Source: Chad Lindsay To Buckeyes

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I was really hoping that was a misprint when it read Ohio State. Personally, I would have preferred that he transfer to Ohio University, home of the Bobcats. Oh well, I wish him the best as he pursues his Masters degree in Columbus.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree 100% wit ya Mike..I don't like any of our quality players going to a team that we stand a chance of playing in the NC Game & with Urban in Columbus..OSU is definitely one of those teams we could face in a NC Game for sure..
I was really hoping that was a misprint when it read Ohio State. Personally, I would have preferred that he transfer to Ohio University, home of the Bobcats. Oh well, I wish him the best as he pursues his Masters degree in Columbus.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I don't want to wish him bad, but almost anywhere would have been better than there. lol
I hope he wins a starting spot, is a second team all american, and they go 0-12.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
so, he's good enough to walk into the starting center job at OSU but he's not good enough to start anywhere on our line? I mean, it's not like he's transferring to bowling green and it's not like our o-line is what it was two years ago.

this is, to me, a strange and somewhat disconcerting situation.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I do think it's a matter of him wanting to play the C position & becoming a starter..And with Kelly at Bama that's not going to happen..I wish he had stayed either as our backup C or win a G spot on the O-Line as a stater there..I think he is built to be a "Road Grader" at a G spot & would have the chance to be an All SEC or even an AA at a G spot..Others may disagree & that's cool..we all have our own opinions..
so, he's good enough to walk into the starting center job at OSU but he's not good enough to start anywhere on our line? I mean, it's not like he's transferring to bowling green and it's not like our o-line is what it was two years ago.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I do think it's a matter of him wanting to play the C position & becoming a starter..And with Kelly at Bama that's not going to happen..I wish he had stayed either as our backup C or win a G spot on the O-Line as a stater there..I think he is built to be a "Road Grader" at a G spot & would have the chance to be an All SEC or even an AA at a G spot..Others may disagree & that's cool..we all have our own opinions..
I think he is good enough to at least be a 1st Team All Conference player in any conference at C or G. He was our best C last year and would have been the best C this year as well. It's just one of the many puzzling personnel decisions made lately.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Unless there is something no one knows it appears to be a huge loss for us.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..At times last year when he played, Lindsey was the better C between he & Kelly, especially when it came to run blocking..I did think Kelly was was the better pass blocker of the two..I reckon Kelly has a better grasp of making the line calls is why he became the starter over Lindsey..He definitely has done something that Coach Saban has been impressed with to name him the starter..That's all I can think of as to why he was chose over Lindsey to become our starting C..
Unless there is something no one knows it appears to be a huge loss for us.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Hate to see Lindsay go, but I'd do the same thing in his shoes.

All the best, Chad. Unless we're playing OSU somewhere, I'll be rooting for you.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
About the time Chad became the starting center I seem to remember Coach hinting at some player dysfunction. It was a strange remark. Something about players not speaking to each other.

I could be way off base but there seemed to be something going on. I'm not even sure if the QB had some say in who he prefered to hike the ball.

It was off the cuff remark and something that coaches are paid to handle.

It was never discussed on any board that I recall so I could be wrong about the remark and the players Coach made the remark about were never named.

:BigA:

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I thought CL was better than Kelly mid-season, but as of right now it's probably a wash. I'm just surprised CL couldn't find a spot at either guard position.

I wonder with these things if the coaches ever put any pressure on guys like this to look elsewhere as the chance at PT dries up and spots are needed for incoming players.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I thought we were a much better O-line with Lindsay at center last season. Of course I thought we should have been making a few changes as the season went along but we kept playing the same guys no matter how they performed.
I've always had an opinion, right or wrong, that if a few people don't get beat of their position every once in awhile then something isn't right. I wish Chad the best.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Is is possible that our coaches, including CNS, knew something we don't know?

I think so OR maybe CL decided he didn't fit at Bama or didn't want to play guard.

I've just got to believe there something here we don't know and there's more to it than CL being able to run block.

YellowhammerLA

3rd Team
Jan 14, 2007
word is we simplified our offensive calls when Lindsay came in last season and that Kelly is much better at reading defensive alignments and making calls at the line, which is a vital component of being a good C.

especially with a QB who will be starting for the first time.

tideohio

Scout Team
Nov 17, 2002
Columbus, OH, USA
Is is possible that our coaches, including CNS, knew something we don't know?

I think so OR maybe CL decided he didn't fit at Bama or didn't want to play guard.

I've just got to believe there something here we don't know and there's more to it than CL being able to run block.
Believe it or not, OSU believed it was such a big deal that they put the teaser at the top of the front page and had a 1/3 page story on page 3. They are really trying to make it look like they stole our All American player. Kind of funny.

RTR!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If that's the case our coaches needs to go back to that simplified offense..Cause our entire offense looked better when Chad came in to replace Kelly & every player just looked more relaxed & played more naturally when Chad came in and played..
word is we simplified our offensive calls when Lindsay came in last season and that Kelly is much better at reading defensive alignments and making calls at the line, which is a vital component of being a good C.

especially with a QB who will be starting for the first time.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
If that's the case our coaches needs to go back to that simplified offense..Cause our entire offense looked better when Chad came in to replace Kelly & every player just looked more relaxed & played more naturally when Chad came in and played..
Was Chad not the starter at Center against Auburn?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.