SEC Network Links and news

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Funny how Direct TV, Dish, U-Verse, Bright House and all of the others had their deals all finalized and ready to go in no time flat. Yet, Charter is still dilly-dallying around with it right here before the launch.

Saint&Sinner

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I called Direct TV and they said this will get subscribers in on ESPN3 games and the ESPN app. I know in the past we were not on the list of carriers to see the non-public games.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
No time flat? DirecTV just announced the deal a few days ago, I wouldn't call that "no time flat." U-Verse is the only one that did that IMO, since they were the only provider signed up and ready to go on the same day the network was officially announced almost a year ago. There are still 9 days left before the launch, I wouldn't worry about it. If Charter doesn't sign on then they will probably loose at least half there customers in Alabama alone.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
No time flat? DirecTV just announced the deal a few days ago, I wouldn't call that "no time flat." U-Verse is the only one that did that IMO, since they were the only provider signed up and ready to go on the same day the network was officially announced almost a year ago. There are still 9 days left before the launch, I wouldn't worry about it. If Charter doesn't sign on then they will probably loose at least half there customers in Alabama alone.
Like yesterday! ;) on TideFans.com

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
What I meant by that was all of the other providers did their deals so much different than Charter has done. Did Direct TV put out some kind of announcement saying that they were "working on a deal" and then announce that they had a deal finalized a few days later? No. In fact, all you heard was, "Direct Tv to carry SEC Network" and that was it. Charter, on the other hand, puts out some kind of misleading headline about a deal being finalized, then, as of today, officials at the SEC Network say that they know of no such deal being worked on. Very strange. This makes Charter look suspect and it looks as if they won't be carrying it, even at the risk of losing a lot of business.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
What I meant by that was all of the other providers did their deals so much different than Charter has done. Did Direct TV put out some kind of announcement saying that they were "working on a deal" and then announce that they had a deal finalized a few days later? No. In fact, all you heard was, "Direct Tv to carry SEC Network" and that was it. Charter, on the other hand, puts out some kind of misleading headline about a deal being finalized, then, as of today, officials at the SEC Network say that they know of no such deal being worked on. Very strange. This makes Charter look suspect and it looks as if they won't be carrying it, even at the risk of losing a lot of business.
DirecTV has been saying for months that they were in negotiation. Just last week the head of DirecTV said they were "close" to finalizing a deal. With all due respect, you have this one completely wrong. I kept up with it because I am a DirecTV subscriber. I can't blame you for not knowing since you seem to have Charter.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
DirecTV has been saying for months that they were in negotiation. Just last week the head of DirecTV said they were "close" to finalizing a deal. With all due respect, you have this one completely wrong. I kept up with it because I am a DirecTV subscriber. I can't blame you for not knowing since you seem to have Charter.
This is correct about Directv. I'd been watching it closely too.

Don't know what/how Charter has done it.

But the biggest loser yesterday was Dish. They were salivating at millions of Directv customers they probably thought would come their way had Directv not signed on.

I wasn't planning on changing...too big of a hassle...so I'm glad directv got r done!

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This is correct about Directv. I'd been watching it closely too.

Don't know what/how Charter has done it.

But the biggest loser yesterday was Dish. They were salivating at millions of Directv customers they probably thought would come their way had Directv not signed on.

I wasn't planning on changing...too big of a hassle...so I'm glad directv got r done!
You and me both!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I read awhile back that DirecTV considered the SEC Network to be a "must deal" and wanted it badly, so i wasn't overly worried, although a little bit. Glad it's finalized.
They also want the Longhorn network.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.