SEC Network Links and news

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
it will start at 5pm CST today with a 3 hour premeire show! as of this morning my directv wasn't channel yet and i do have the package one up from the package that has the network so if channel 611 isn't showing up when i get home today, Directv will have one unhappy customer.
Same here. I'd like to go ahead and schedule it to record, but no-can-do.

bama0610

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2006
it will start at 5pm CST today with a 3 hour premeire show! as of this morning my directv wasn't channel yet and i do have the package one up from the package that has the network so if channel 611 isn't showing up when i get home today, Directv will have one unhappy customer.
Same here. I'd like to go ahead and schedule it to record, but no-can-do.

Here's a pro-tip. If you have the DirecTV app for your iPhone the channel is appearing in the app's guide. If you have a receiver that is connected to the internet, you can go to the Settings menu within the app and instruct it to do a manual recording of channel 611. I set mine a few minutes ago to start recording at 4:59pm.

Hope this helps...

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Needless to say, and, of course, sadly, I won't be able to get the SEC Network up here.

I subscribe to a premium cable sports package to be able to get Bama games which aren't on CBS or ABC / ESPN, but when a Bama game [usually against a lesser opponent] is only being carried on some lower tier ESPN channel - like ESPN 3 - I can't get it up here.

So man have I ever been saying my prayers that any Bama games carried on the SEC Network will be picked up by the cable provider up here as part of the premium package...

Hate the uncertainty...

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I don't think the people at Mediacom have a clue. The fact they have not already signed an agreement with ESPN for the SEC Network is simply idiotic. They are about to have some mass cancellations! Even if they eventually sign, I am sure they will use the addition of the SEC Network to charge a lot more.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Make sure to update your Watch ESPN app, because you will be able to watch the SEC network on there as well. The channel won't show up until it launches tonight...but you can go ahead and watch the longhorn network. :biggrin:

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Anyone know when will I be able to just watch the games online again without having a cable/dish provider?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Partnering with ESPN has paid some dividends. ESPN knows how to leverage these negotiation processes with carriers which helped get SECN on a huge list of carriers from day one unlike B10N or P12N. Also, things like their online television applications sweeten the deal for viewers. On day one, we get SECN anywhere. Does that even exist for the other networks?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Anyone know when will I be able to just watch the games online again without having a cable/dish provider?
You better hope Apple has some magic up their sleeves. They're about the only entity I can think of with the leverage to break the carrier system as it exists today.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
You better hope Apple has some magic up their sleeves. They're about the only entity I can think of with the leverage to break the carrier system as it exists today.
That's one option, but I don't think I'll show up on their radar though no matter how much I beg. I just loathe paying for the 300 crummy channels filled with shows I'll never watch just to get the three channels I will watch. And, we have this neat thing called the internet that lets you pick what you want to watch. What a neat idea it is.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't think the people at Mediacom have a clue. The fact they have not already signed an agreement with ESPN for the SEC Network is simply idiotic. They are about to have some mass cancellations! Even if they eventually sign, I am sure they will use the addition of the SEC Network to charge a lot more.
This was just tweeted. You can celebrate.

@JoeWalljasper Mediacom announces today that it has reached an agreement with ESPN for carriage of the SEC Network. It is Columbia's biggest cable provider

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I noticed there was a SEC + selection on the watch ESPN app. It will have games that won't be airing on the channel, but we will have access to there. This is pretty awesome.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.