SEC Network Links and news

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
still don't know what channel it is supposed to be on for comcast in the atlanta/vinings area. the AJC says 740 but that is TMCHD not making my day better.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I only got to watch the first 30 mins, since I went to my son's soccer practice. I have it taped now and I am about to go back and watch the rest.

I loved the intro, gave me pregame goosebumps. I think Tebow is not a "natural" and needs to slow down a bit. But I think he will do fine. Greg is a natural, but you could tell he was nervous. And Dari is one of my favorites, I always watched him on ESPNU during the day.

In other words..I love it. :)

I only got to watch the first 30 mins, since I went to my son's soccer practice. I have it taped now and I am about to go back and watch the rest.

I loved the intro, gave me pregame goosebumps. I think Tebow is not a "natural" and needs to slow down a bit. But I think he will do fine. Greg is a natural, but you could tell he was nervous. And Dari is one of my favorites, I always watched him on ESPNU during the day.

In other words..I love it. :)
You got to watch more than I did. I will watch some when I go home after work though.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
That is just the tip of the iceberg. The whole "communications" industry is full of companies notorious for not being able to communicate. Even within the company.

At least they have the SEC Network. Have you seen any discussion of Verizon picking it up? (NO!)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The first four football games to air on the SEC Network are all Bama games.

8/15. 1AM 2009 Bama vs Florida
3AM 2012 Bama vs Georgia
5AM 2013 Bama vs Texas A & M
8AM 2013 Bama vs ND

Great start to the season and the Network!!! 4-0.
Wow, after seein' that, I couldn't be happier for y'all to be able to watch that...

As for me, I'll go back to feelin' sorry for myself... :(

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Wow, after seein' that, I couldn't be happier for y'all to be able to watch that...

As for me, I'll go back to feelin' sorry for myself... :(

:( I hate that you can't get it. I hope they eventually offer it online for an additionally charge...one day. I am sure a lot of people would pay a small fee to stream it online.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
FYI, found this on the Comcast website:
The majority of our cable systems will begin rolling out SEC Network this month to both SD and HD customers.

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.comcast.com/sec-network.html

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/sec-network-comcast-xfinity

Scheduled to be available on August 14 in most all Comcast areas.

The exception is that many of our Northeast Division areas (from Maine south to Virginia and east to Ohio) are currently scheduled to receive this channel on August 15.

To quickly locate the SEC Network (once it is available) –

1- Using the silver Comcast remote control and traditional blue on-screen guide, press the Menu button twice, then select Find Shows, then select Sports, then select All Sports – you should be able to scroll through that list up and down to locate the SEC Network in SD or HD.

2- X1 customers with our black on-screen guide. Using the black Comcast remote control, enter in SEC (numbers 7-3-2) and the SEC Network should appear as an option near the top of the list. Select and press OK.

Also, there is no programming scheduled on this channel until 6:00pm ET August 14.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Well, still can't watch the network in the WatchESPN app. I've seen a few tweets that AT&T has responded to saying they are aware of the issue and looking into the problem.

Hope they fix it soon, this app is my only way to watch since I don't actually have cable or sat, my sister lets me use her login to access the app. She has U200 and has been watching the network just fine in B'ham but, like others the WatchESPN app hasn't worked yet.

Part of me fears that this is a ploy by AT&T to get SEC country subs to upgrade to U300; allow U200 subs to see the channel on there TVs but, if you want streaming upgrade to U300. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Although the few tweets I've seen from AT&T give me hope that it is just a glitch and will be worked out soon.

Well, still can't watch the network in the WatchESPN app. I've seen a few tweets that AT&T has responded to saying they are aware of the issue and looking into the problem.

Hope they fix it soon, this app is my only way to watch since I don't actually have cable or sat, my sister lets me use her login to access the app. She has U200 and has been watching the network just fine in B'ham but, like others the WatchESPN app hasn't worked yet.

Part of me fears that this is a ploy by AT&T to get SEC country subs to upgrade to U300; allow U200 subs to see the channel on there TVs but, if you want streaming upgrade to U300. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Although the few tweets I've seen from AT&T give me hope that it is just a glitch and will be worked out soon.
It must be your area. I've had no problems.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
It must be your area. I've had no problems.
You have AT&T U200 and have been able watch the SEC Network on the WatchESPN app?

Anybody heard any updates on the watchespn app for directv? I thought when we got the SEC network we would get it but thats not the case.
What I read yesterday was that they are still "working" on it. I know that is not much help.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
That's my fear, U200 people get the channel on there TVs but must upgrade to U300 to get streaming. That would be a low ball move by AT&T if that ends up being the case, especially since all the other ESPN networks stream just fine with U200.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.