SEC Network Links and news

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Re: Alabama Week 2 Game Against Florida Atlantic to be on SEC Network

Well, if I gotta pay Dish for the channel, I guess I'll be listenning to Eli on the radio.

Yes, because an extra $1.50 or so per month for a year is sooooo much more expensive than that one-time $40 pay-per view game payment.

:rolleyes:

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

I have TV mainly for sports, especially college football; so its a potential deal breaker for me if they don't carry it.. I have Dish, and they have always been great for me. I will have to look at what you miss if you don't get it. You can't watch them all. I watch all Bama's, unless I go, so there are a lot of factors. Hard to tell how much leverage ESPN will have on this. Most people here are enthusiastic football fans, and it doesn't seem that a majority will do anything but complain (at first anyway) if they don't get it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I have TV mainly for sports, especially college football; so its a potential deal breaker for me if they don't carry it.. I have Dish, and they have always been great for me. I will have to look at what you miss if you don't get it. You can't watch them all. I watch all Bama's, unless I go, so there are a lot of factors. Hard to tell how much leverage ESPN will have on this. Most people here are enthusiastic football fans, and it doesn't seem that a majority will do anything but complain (at first anyway) if they don't get it.
Dish already has agreed to carry the SEC Network.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

All these cable/sat/telcom companies buying each other up is really bad for us consumers. Prices are already on a steady rise, which will only get worse when there is even less competition.

We cut the cord a month and a half ago to see if we could do without. We use Netflix, Hulu+ and Amazon Prime, which total about $25 a month, our antenna and my sister let's me use her WatchESPN login so I can still watch live sports. Our DirecTV bill was at $104 when we canceled and that was with 6 months of promotional discounts left, it would have gone up to around $135 in October (this wasn't even the most expensive plan, it think it was 2 levels from the top). Maybe we will sign up again once our financial situation improves but, for now, DirecTV gets the ax. It was actually a tough decision that we wrestled with for a few months but, we needed to save money.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Comcast offered an upgrade to reduce my bill to 9.99/month but still no SEC network. so Bazza I do not have the same enthusiasm as you.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Comcast offered an upgrade to reduce my bill to 9.99/month but still no SEC network. so Bazza I do not have the same enthusiasm as you.
Design...I hear ya.

My provider (according to the SEC TV website) is not showing it either but I think that will change by the time the season starts.

You gotta have faith!

Man those ads sure jack ya up too! :)

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.

Yes, because an extra $1.50 or so per month for a year is sooooo much more expensive than that one-time $40 pay-per view game payment.

Well excuse me sir.....I didn't know that...They try and rip you a new one on everything else...I appreciate you setting me straight on that.:eek:

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Too bad it isn't that simple. When the provider charges that much, the carrier usually bumps it up to a higher subscription package. Which can easily mean 12 x $10 a year.

Still think it isn't so much of a big deal?

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Too bad it isn't that simple. When the provider charges that much, the carrier usually bumps it up to a higher subscription package. Which can easily mean 12 x $10 a year.

Still think it isn't so much of a big deal?
12 x $10 a year? Not sure what you mean by that. It wont be much more than $2-3 a month.

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Oy vey.............

If you have to change what package you have, in could be a $10/month bump in your price. Or more. U-verse said they will not offer it in all packages.

Capisce?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Oy vey.............

If you have to change what package you have, in could be a $10/month bump in your price. Or more. U-verse said they will not offer it in all packages.

Capisce?
That's completely on the carrier though, of course...

I know when I was in South Carolina, they had the Big 10 Network on basic cable. If that can get on basic cable, then how the heck can't the SEC Network?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Oy vey.............

Capisce?
Which is why I've been talking with friends and neighbors who have Uverse TV to get as much info as possible (price, service satisfaction, etc.) I've been with DirecTV for about 18 years now and am truthfully in no big hurry to leave. That said, I am doing my homework well in advance of my contract expiration.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
That's completely on the carrier though, of course...

I know when I was in South Carolina, they had the Big 10 Network on basic cable. If that can get on basic cable, then how the heck can't the SEC Network?

True. The B1G Network is on basic cable with Verizon FiOS here in Tampa. And even today, FiOS has no plans of adding the SEC Network by August. Just shows you that the gators' fan base is so bandwagon and doesn't even care about watching them on TV.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Read today that AT&T is in serious negotiations to buy DirectTV. Deal could be completed within next couple of weeks pending regulatory approval. This shouldn't be a problem since Com cast and Time Warner have been clearance to merge. This deal would be comparable in size. So all you DirectTV subscribers should be okay by the start of this season if this goes through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.