SEC Network Links and news

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
I'm not pleased if this is true because less competition is bad for the consumer. I would imagine Verizon feels even stronger about it.
Cable and satellite compete, so I can't see where you get that...besides
The deal would also, and perhaps more importantly for AT&T, provide the company access to DirecTV’s cash war chest, reported at $2.6 billion in free cash flow last year. That could fund new initiatives, or new acquisitions, for AT&T.
That would allow U-Verse to expand and compete better, they have only 6 million customers.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yea I'm kind of undecided on the at&t deal, but I wonder if it could drive internet prices down? I'm fixing to move back to where I grew up which is pretty rural so I probably wont have any internet unless I switch to Verizon 4G in which I'm a Verizon customer already and have a cell tower almost across the highway from me.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Yeah, that was so terrible. Don't get me started on this one. My knowledge of this subject is probably more extensive than you want to hear about.

Unless you want to hear about all of their dirty tricks, when they were forced to "share their lines".

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah. Simple fact is we don't like a lot of the regulations we have but most of then came into being because of exploitation between groups.

I heard yesterday that a class action has been filed against Apple because they are slower at sending text messages to Android phones. My wife, my sister and I tested it yesterday while not scientific text messages to my Galaxy phone were about 8 minutes slower coming from an iPhone.

May not seem like a big deal at first but 8 minutes is a long time if you are in distress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180
Do you think AT&T paid for those lines? Their customers did. I take it you didn't think breaking up Ma Belle was good for the consumer.
I believe in a free market without gbmnt interference. The customers paid for a service and the lines belonged to ATT, the MABELLS now. To
this day the bell system replaces downed power poles in my area.
The same crap happens today if the gbmnt builds a nuclear plant they just usurp a power companies territory. You wouldn't be a user of
cheap TVA power would you?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I believe in a free market without gbmnt interference.
That is not what we had when AT&T was the only game in town.

OK, technically, GTE had their own small niche market. Same difference.

A lot of the technology folks take for granted would either have never come about, or a much slower pace, if their monopoly had continued. Please don't try to tell me otherwise.

It was the free market that drove those advancements. Not a stale monopoly that could not be bothered.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Yeah. Simple fact is we don't like a lot of the regulations we have but most of then came into being because of exploitation between groups.

I heard yesterday that a class action has been filed against Apple because they are slower at sending text messages to Android phones. My wife, my sister and I tested it yesterday while not scientific text messages to my Galaxy phone were about 8 minutes slower coming from an iPhone.

May not seem like a big deal at first but 8 minutes is a long time if you are in distress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
I have an iPhone and my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S3. We don't have any issues with a delay in messages. I will be keeping my eyes open for this class action suit.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

The class action lawsuit is not about Apple being slow to send text to Android phones, it's about a bug in Apple's iMessage system (there iOS to iOS device messaging alternative) for folks that switch from an iPhone to another device, like Android or Windows Phone. The issue is that for many user who were using iMessage and switch to a none Apple device, they no longer receive text messages from people who still have an iPhone. This is because Apple's iMessage system has not released there phone number so it is still trying to deliver the texts as iMessages instead of sending them as normal text messages. Since iMessages only work between Apple devices, those messages are just lost and never delivered.

Apple has known about this bug for over 2 years so, I have no problem with this law suit if it is what is needed to kick them in the pants and finally fix the problem. The work around is to not use iMessage at all, of course this only works if all your other iPhone buddies stop using it as well.

Apple has nothing to do with regular text messages, if they are slow to arrive then that is all on your carrier.

Last edited:

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

Re: Latest Bama News 5/22/14

The SEC managed to retain copyrights on games dating back to the 1960s when it signed 15-year deals with CBS and ESPN in 2008.
The SEC will also launch a re-tooled website July 1, which will be powered by ESPN.
"We're going to take a lot of the best pieces of the ESPN.com site and you'll see some similarities with our conference website," Hussey said.

Classic games dating back to 1960s will be televised on SEC Network-al.com

Last edited:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.