SEC Network Links and news

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
No surprise Comcast got it done. I'm already on U-Verse (predating the SECN announcement), so no biggie to me. Still, I bet people in Tuscaloosa are happy.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If DirectTv doesn't get it I'm dropping them for Comcast. I already have Comcast for internet so it won't be a big deal.

TerryR

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2011
Wetumpka, AL
I live in the Montgomery area (Wetumpka - Bright House Elmore Carrier). I called Bright House Cable today in Birmingham. They said they are "still in negotiations" but sounded fairly optomistic. Not sure about Tampa, FL (I think that's their base nationally). If they go to a digital tier or a unique sports channel pkg, that might not be good for a lot of customers. I'm hoping they can add it to basic cable. Anybody got any info on this carrier??

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I live in the Montgomery area (Wetumpka - Bright House Elmore Carrier). I called Bright House Cable today in Birmingham. They said they are "still in negotiations" but sounded fairly optomistic. Not sure about Tampa, FL (I think that's their base nationally). If they go to a digital tier or a unique sports channel pkg, that might not be good for a lot of customers. I'm hoping they can add it to basic cable. Anybody got any info on this carrier??

In Tampa, we have Bright House and Verizon FiOS. Neither have signed on for the SECN. I have Verizon and have sent them emails, but no reply as of today.

TerryR

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2011
Wetumpka, AL
In Tampa, we have Bright House and Verizon FiOS. Neither have signed on for the SECN. I have Verizon and have sent them emails, but no reply as of today.
Hey Derek,
Wanted to give you a shout out since you're in Tampa. My wife is from Brandon and most of her family still lives in the area to include Riverview. I spent two tours of duty at MacDill AFB and picked up a wife first tour there in 1962 - yea I know I'm old as dirt. Her older brother was a sports editor for the Tampa Tribune before cancer got him at age 55. We go down every Sept for the wife's family reunion. I debated retiring there when I retired from the Air Force, but Tampa got too big for us and too many NEasterners aka: Yankees have overrun the town :) Anyway just wanted to touch base given the common denominator of geographical location.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I like the board. But this "requesting the SEC network" is just a sales technique ESPN is using to drive up the price for our local providers therefore transferring the cost to consumers - namely us. I definitely would like to have the SEC network, and I'm sure our local cable providers know that. They want to provide it. However, I hope they negotiate the crap out of ESPN to get it cheaply as possible so I don't have to pay a large amount for it. I think our allegence should be with the local providers.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Bama of course leads everyone, and counting the barners, Alabama is at 21%, a full 1/3 more than the nearest, tamu. With comcast now on board Direct TV is closer to following.

LINK HERE
I thought this statement at the DirecTV site you linked was interesting:

DIRECTV has no current plans to carry The Longhorn Network. Many University of Texas football games can be found on ESPN or ABC. Please check your local listings for game availability.

Compared with

We strongly believe every SEC fan should have access to the SEC Network on DIRECTV and customers can rest assured that is our goal as we continue our discussions with the owners of the channel.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.