SEC Network Links and news

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
Still no DirecTV. There's a thread on TexAgs where people are posing their experiences with cancelling DirecTV over this.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If you don't want to change they give you a better rate if you threaten to switch to Dish. I currently have Directv and my contract is about to expire so i will be in the same situation. If the SEC Network isn't offered the rate wont matter though. I will be switching.
All the providers are like that. I've had Comcast TV as long as they've been around in a community where I've lived - 30 years or so. I've had net with them as long as they've provided it. A couple of months ago, I got really unhappy with a tech tech I was talking to over an interruption in service and threatened to switch. He put me on hold, then came back and knocked $30 off my monthly bill, bumped our net speed up to the top category from the middle one and promised free HBO. Last time I looked, I didn't have the HBO access, but that's not the biggie. At the end, he tried to sell me Comcast phone. I told him not on his life - too unreliable. I told him that, in fact, if I had Comcast phone, we wouldn't be able to have the instant conversation. That silenced him...

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
What are you talking about, U-verse was the first provider that signed on. AT&T was part of the network announcement back in May of 2013.

See here: http://uverse.com/uverse/secnetwork

You have to have the U200 package or above to get it in SEC regions, U300 or above nationwide.
I meant they haven't assigned a channel # yet...I have u-verse 300.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
All the providers are like that. I've had Comcast TV as long as they've been around in a community where I've lived - 30 years or so. I've had net with them as long as they've provided it. A couple of months ago, I got really unhappy with a tech tech I was talking to over an interruption in service and threatened to switch. He put me on hold, then came back and knocked $30 off my monthly bill, bumped our net speed up to the top category from the middle one and promised free HBO. Last time I looked, I didn't have the HBO access, but that's not the biggie. At the end, he tried to sell me Comcast phone. I told him not on his life - too unreliable. I told him that, in fact, if I had Comcast phone, we wouldn't be able to have the instant conversation. That silenced him...
I used to teach a kid whose dad works for Comcast and he told me to cancel everything and turn my equipment in to them and tell them that I was switching services. He then came to me and set me up with all the stuff you are talking about. I have their phone service (for free), but I don't even have a phone. I do have a sweet deal with them for about 6 more months. I am not happy about them not carrying the SEC channel though.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I used to teach a kid whose dad works for Comcast and he told me to cancel everything and turn my equipment in to them and tell them that I was switching services. He then came to me and set me up with all the stuff you are talking about. I have their phone service (for free), but I don't even have a phone. I do have a sweet deal with them for about 6 more months. I am not happy about them not carrying the SEC channel though.
Latest word is that they're "near agreement," which I always expected. I can threaten to quit, but I can't really do it. My Comcast net address is the same one I've had since they've had net. It's my primary business email address and I can't afford to have hundreds of people not being able to find me. It's bad enough that AT&T reversed my first and last name in the phone book...

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Looks like SEC Network may be coming to DirecTV soon. Link
I hope it happens because I don't want the hassle of having to change from DirecTV.

At any rate (no pun intended) it sounds like they will not offer it along with their normal sports package and it'll be a premium service.

Just curious, what have Dish, Uverse and other carriers offered the SEC Network in the pricing structure?

How much can us DirecTV customers expect to have to pay? $10 a month range?

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
I hope it happens because I don't want the hassle of having to change from DirecTV.

At any rate (no pun intended) it sounds like they will not offer it along with their normal sports package and it'll be a premium service.

Just curious, what have Dish, Uverse and other carriers offered the SEC Network in the pricing structure?

How much can us DirecTV customers expect to have to pay? $10 a month range?
I don't know about Dish but U-Verse has 3 tiers, 200, 300, 400 and packages, I talked to the regional Sales Mgr. and he said it would be included in the 300 and 400, but he wasn't sure about the 200. That said, I certainly think it should be free, I know when I had direct tv 3 years ago the big 10 network was free and Fox Cincinnati were free, and mandatory in the Louisville mkt, and NOT Fox sports south, and arguing didn't do any good so I quit them. They're free also on u 300 and 400. I have 300, hoped this helped a little.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't know about Dish but U-Verse has 3 tiers, 200, 300, 400 and packages, I talked to the regional Sales Mgr. and he said it would be included in the 300 and 400, but he wasn't sure about the 200. That said, I certainly think it should be free, I know when I had direct tv 3 years ago the big 10 network was free and Fox Cincinnati were free, and mandatory in the Louisville mkt, and NOT Fox sports south, and arguing didn't do any good so I quit them. They're free also on u 300 and 400. I have 300, hoped this helped a little.
Thanks! I agree it ought to be free as much as you have to pay for cable/satalite in general. However, from reading the linked article about negotiations with Directv I noticed there was talk about people not having to pay for something they didn't want. In principle I agree with this, but if carriers ever started offering ala cart channels (on everything) they'd go out of business. So it makes is sound like Directv is going to pass on the cost to those who want the SEC network, which means it'll be extra.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I don't know about Dish but U-Verse has 3 tiers, 200, 300, 400 and packages, I talked to the regional Sales Mgr. and he said it would be included in the 300 and 400, but he wasn't sure about the 200.
He needs to read their own site. Those of us in the SEC area get it on U200. Everyone else needs to have U300.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I'm not worried about whether my carrier, Wow!, will carry it. I think the carriers know it is utmost importance. I'm worried about how much it will cost me and what other channels they will bundle it with to try and justify the cost. I'll be getting channels that I don't need, don't want, and paying for them. They'll add this SEC network to the most expensive package and then raise that rate. I'm trying to cut down on my TV watching. Paying more and watching less will just irritate the fire out of me.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Comcast needs to make a decision soon or U-Verse here I come!

The SEC Network should have started sooner to take in SEC media days.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Re: latest Bama News 7/15/14

New SEC Network Commercial with Johnny Cash-teamspeedkills

ESPN running the SEC Network means its commercials are going to be top notch. Here's a brand new one featuring Johnny Cash and a not-so subtle reminder that coaches, and not players, are the true stars of college football.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Though I'm certain DirectTV will get on board before the season I'm not changing providers simply over this. I've been very happy with DirectTV and have heard more complaints from Dish Network customers than I care to remember. However, I'm sure if DirectTV (for some strange reason) decides not to carry it the first year they will lose a lot of customers because of it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.