SEC Network Links and news

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Though I'm certain DirectTV will get on board before the season I'm not changing providers simply over this. I've been very happy with DirectTV and have heard more complaints from Dish Network customers than I care to remember. However, I'm sure if DirectTV (for some strange reason) decides not to carry it the first year they will lose a lot of customers because of it.
That's how I feel in July. If Directv doesn't get on board I'll probably not be as happy with them as I am right now, but I've had Dish in the past and was not nearly as happy with them as I have been with Directv over the last several years.

I'm limited to a satelite provider. If a land line provider was available, I might consider a change, but I'm not planning to switch to Dish over this right now.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Figure you will see a lot of these deals get finalized within the next six weeks or so. The SEC Network will certainly have a broader distribution base in year one than the Big Ten Network did, though that was really expected.

Frankly, though, I really couldn't care either way. With a rare exception or two, for the most part I can't tell that the SEC Network will have much content worth watching, and in those cases you can easily resort to other means to view what you want to see, regardless of whether or not your provider carries SEC Network. It's not exactly hard to find HD video streams these days, or get them on the big screen.

CrimsonMapper

1st Team
Apr 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL
With a rare exception or two, for the most part I can't tell that the SEC Network will have much content worth watching, and in those cases you can easily resort to other means to view what you want to see, regardless of whether or not your provider carries SEC Network. It's not exactly hard to find HD video streams these days, or get them on the big screen.
One interesting aspect of SEC Network vs. Directv is the sports bar dilemma. I can't think of a sports bar that I've been in lately that didn't have DirecTv, mainly because of NFL Sunday Ticket. A friend of mine managed a Buffalo Wild Wings and told me that they have a franchise wide contract with DirecTv. This will not impact bars in the Northeast, but could be a big dilemma for sports bars in cities with a large NFL and College following. I know a lot of folks that have told me they aren't switching if their provider doesn't carry the SEC Network because they can just go to the sports bar. Well, maybe not.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I know a lot of folks that have told me they aren't switching if their provider doesn't carry the SEC Network because they can just go to the sports bar. Well, maybe not.
You may be right on that -- at least involving people outside of the southeast -- but again, you don't even need to go to a sports bar, just hop on the computer, take five minutes, and get your Chromecast / HDMI cable going to your TV.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I will more than likely drop directTv for Comcast if they don't get the SEC network. I would have had Comcast for cable if they wouldn't have taken a month to come out to my house. It was new construction and they said they couldnt come out until the address was "in their system." I called DirectTV at 9 am and they were at my house in 2 hours at 11.

Yep. I agree. What happened for them in a big % of their games is something I can honestly say I've never seen in my lifetime in ANY sport. Simply mind boggling.
And you won't see it again. I had to turn away because of all the barn horse crap they were talking about.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
And you won't see it again. I had to turn away because of all the barn horse crap they were talking about.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
Tom Luginbil (sp?) brought some sanity to the Auburn train yesterday when he said he wants to see how Auburn handles the expectations because after some of their wins last season they are "a marked team". They will not sneak up on anybody.

Tom Luginbil (sp?) brought some sanity to the Auburn train yesterday when he said he wants to see how Auburn handles the expectations because after some of their wins last season they are "a marked team". They will not sneak up on anybody.
That's the thing. I expect them to be good...

...on offense.

Sent from my iPhone

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Luginbill said he fully expected teams to sell out to stop the run and force Marshall to beat them with his arm which he had reservations about.
That's not exactly rocket science, but, nonetheless, he's right.

That's what nobody could do last year...stop their running game. If they can replicate 4-6 yards a pop on the ground, Marshall doesn't have to worry about throwing, much like last year.

If their running game isn't as dynamic they will have to rely on him to make some 3rd down conversions through the air. I don't think he'll be nearly as successful throwing when teams know it's coming and when he doesn't have completely wide open receivers.

BTW, good discussion but how did this get going in this thread about the SEC Network??? :smile:

Luginbill said he fully expected teams to sell out to stop the run and force Marshall to beat them with his arm which he had reservations about.
Thanks because like I said I turned. Which is funny. I turned to ESPNNEWS and they were interviewing Charles Barkley. lol

Yeah, he's right. I think when we went up 21-7 at the half our dynamic changed. We relaxed, much like 2010. I think if you can frustrate them, it's over for them.

Sent from my iPhone

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
That's not exactly rocket science, but, nonetheless, he's right.

That's what nobody could do last year...stop their running game. If they can replicate 4-6 yards a pop on the ground, Marshall doesn't have to worry about throwing, much like last year.

If their running game isn't as dynamic they will have to rely on him to make some 3rd down conversions through the air. I don't think he'll be nearly as successful throwing when teams know it's coming and when he doesn't have completely wide open receivers.

BTW, good discussion but how did this get going in this thread about the SEC Network??? :smile:
I hope Direct TV gets the SEC Network.

Running with that type dominance is very hard to do on a year in year out basis. I'm certain DC's watched A LOT of tape on their offense.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I have my cable & internet through AT&T U Verse..And was watching The Andy Griffith Show(yes it's still my all time fav show & I watch it every night..LOL)..And U Verse just had a commercial that says The SEC Network will begin airing on August 14th..Just thought I'd pass that info on to y'all that have AT&T U Verse..

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
If Comcast doesn't announce a deal by the end of July, I'm going to U-verse. I really don't want to change my e-mail address but I'm not missing SEC-TV.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
I have my cable & internet through AT&T U Verse..And was watching The Andy Griffith Show(yes it's still my all time fav show & I watch it every night..LOL)..And U Verse just had a commercial that says The SEC Network will begin airing on August 14th..Just thought I'd pass that info on to y'all that have AT&T U Verse..
I'm just trying to figure out what channel on u-verse.

Sent from my iPhone

I just got a new guide in the mail Sat. and it didn't have the SEC network channel number listed. It will probably show up a day or two before it starts broadcasting. That's what usually happens with new channels.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I talked to a Charter rep the other day, and they told me to not get my hopes up about the SEC Network. It honestly does not sound like Charter wants it, which is weird. But,really and truly, it may not be the end of the world. The USCe-aTm game on Thursday night August 28th is about the only thing I'd be missing, and even then, I am sure there is a way I could watch that game online, if absolutely nothing else. It's not like the Iron Bowl or the Alabama-LSU game will ever be on the SEC Network. It will mostly be games of the Mississippi State-Kentucky variety and the rest of the time, it will be documentary style programming.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.