SEC Network Links and news

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
You are certainly correct that ESPN (and others) have shifted a lot of traditional network content onto cable networks -- of course, the old network v. cable comparison is highly outdated given current market saturation in the cable/satellite market -- but there is a huge difference between taking quality network programming and putting on a major widespread cable network and putting it on a third-tier niche network (which the SEC Network will always be, make no mistake). I just don't think that's a serious concern moving forward. You're just never going to see a big, quality match-up between SEC teams stuck on the SEC Network, and for the foreseeable future even middling games will be few and far between.
Will the SEC Network mean an end to pay per view? Usually a game like Bama vs sw illinois st would be on ppv but is The SEC Network reserved for only sec team vs sec team or is it big SEC Team against little tier teams also? If so I see an end in sight for PPV as far as the SEC is concerned.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Will the SEC Network mean an end to pay per view? Usually a game like Bama vs sw illinois st would be on ppv but is The SEC Network reserved for only sec team vs sec team or is it big SEC Team against little tier teams also? If so I see an end in sight for PPV as far as the SEC is concerned.
I am thinking yes. Bama's game against Florida Atlantic/International will be on the SEC network.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Yes! There will be no more pay per views.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
PPV has been effectively dead for many years now, but yes, the SEC Network throws on the final shovel of dirt.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Marquavius Burnett ‏@Marq_Burnett 3m Good news RT @Ourand_SBJ: Sources: SEC Network signs a deal with Comcast, the country's biggest distributor.
Fretting aside, it's pretty clear that the SEC Network is going to effectively launch -- i.e. opening day of the CFB season -- with a tremendous customer base, and honestly far greater than a lot of observers expected. This launch is exponentially larger than what we saw with the B1G a few years back.

I expect we'll see a few more of these deals close in the next five weeks, too.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
i have spoken to a few directv reps and they all say it's a done deal that they will carry it
I think that is the case and it applies to a few more providers as well. I believe several providers have a tentative agreement in place -- at least some fundamental meeting of the minds as to most material terms -- and are just hammering out fine points in the final few weeks. For all of the uproar, really, there is no rush in place to get a deal done right now, and there are still several weeks left to negotiate.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Fretting aside, it's pretty clear that the SEC Network is going to effectively launch -- i.e. opening day of the CFB season -- with a tremendous customer base, and honestly far greater than a lot of observers expected. This launch is exponentially larger than what we saw with the B1G a few years back.

I expect we'll see a few more of these deals close in the next five weeks, too.
The Ken Fang article was complete nonsense. The SEC will continue to be the envy of the college football world.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
I heard a commercial on the radio in Chattanooga today that EPB (Electric Power Board) would be carrying the SEC network beginning next month. Looks like all of the pieces are falling into place.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
On one uverse site I have seen you need ufamily or above, and on another U200 or above. Basically Uverse is including the SEC network for almost all of their customers. They are also offering all content , live and otherwise on your mobile device . Just need internet access. Can't say a lot good about ATT, but I have to applaud their efforts in regards to the SEC network!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.