SEC Network Links and news

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I received a post card mailer from Comcast today with their SEC-TV ad on it. No news yet whether you will be charged or what tier you will have to buy. My guess is it will be included in the sports package.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I would be very, very surprised if DTV did not carry it this year. There's just too much risk of losing subscribers. Granted if they don't carry it I won't switch but I'm just one customer. I know a lot of people that have DTV already say if they don't carry it they'r switching.

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
I just got a message from DISH and they said the channel number has not been picked yet but the network is due to start on Aug 14th and it will be on the 120+ package.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

buzzman

3rd Team
Jan 18, 2014
Madison, AL
Just saw today where Wow! (formerly Knology) will carry the SEC Network. Interesting how many carriers are getting on board as August 14th gets closer.
article here

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I have heard differing reports about Charter. Does anyone know if Charter has signed up for the SEC Network. I need to find out for sure this week.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I have heard differing reports about Charter. Does anyone know if Charter has signed up for the SEC Network. I need to find out for sure this week.
Kyallie posted on 30 July that Charter signed on so yes, they are on board. See back a couple of pages for the post.

briancm

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2003
Sheffield, AL USA
SEC TV is now showing on AT*T U-Verse as 1607 in NW Alabama. Also, on 1498 is SEC Interactive with Shows, Schedules, Trivia, Poling and SEC Storied. Poling, Trivia, Schedules are active and Shows list the shows that will be on. Seem to be adding more content to 1498 as the first time I looked not much worked. Trivia works and Poling is to pick the winner of the first games on SEC Network. The Logo is SEC ESPN Network. 1607 currently just shows some ads for all SEC schools kinda like a presentation. Has at least 3 different ones that repeat over an over since the channel is not yet live. Going to be a great first week. RTR.

Tim Tebow to announce S Car / T A&M game Click

Wikipedia

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't like Clay Travis, but he's called the announcements shortly before they've been announced. DirecTV users, you can rest easy.

@ClayTravisBGID Directv will carry @secnetwork. Announcement shortly.

ESPN makes it official. Link

DIRECTV and ESPN have entered into an agreement for DIRECTV to provide the new SEC Network to fans and followers of the Southeastern Conference when the network launches Aug. 14. The first college football game on the new network will air Aug. 28 featuring #20 Texas A&M vs. #9 South Carolina.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
What channel will it be on DirecTV? And does anybody know if it will be only in a certain package?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
What channel will it be on DirecTV? And does anybody know if it will be only in a certain package?
AFAIK there is no official word on that. James at DirecTV was unable to tell me and seemed to think I would have to "wait by month end" to get it. Nothing on web page that I have found yet.

Update: Amy was also did not know.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.