SEC Network Links and news

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I saw another report though, that announced a deal with the SEC Network and Longhorn Network (at the same time) but this was somewhere in Texas. It's kind of lousy, but ESPN might be using the SEC to push their bad investment in the Longhorn Network.

On the flip-side, The Pac-12 is owned entirely by the conference, and the BTN is a split with Fox. ESPN has plenty of incentive to try to limit the reach of both of those networks. This is where the addition of Texas A&M and Missouri really comes into play. Those were the two biggest Big-12 states. So, adding states with combined populations of over 30 million certainly helps a lot when it comes to leverage for a network.

By the way, did anyone know that the MWC was the first to have their own network? I sure didn't...
Exactly! While many were critical of the addition of these teams, it was very smart of the SEC to make the move.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Anyone have any info. About CableOne carrying it? The SEC network website says that they have reached an agreement with ESPN to carry it, but I haven't heard anything from CableOne nor do they have anything on their website. Just wondering if all CableOne subscribers will have it or have to pay extra, what channel, etc.??

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Channel. Varies. From what to what? Language restrictions prevent me from commenting on Comcast and their TOTAL lack of information on the subject.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Channel. Varies. From what to what? Language restrictions prevent me from commenting on Comcast and their TOTAL lack of information on the subject.
2 days until launch and Comcast has yet to say what channel it will be on. Their website keeps saying "check back soon for details." Like you language restrictions are preventing me from further comment.

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
2 days until launch and Comcast has yet to say what channel it will be on. Their website keeps saying "check back soon for details." Like you language restrictions are preventing me from further comment.
The same with brighthouse. They say the new channel lineup will not be availible until after the launch date. Makes no sense to me, why can't they say this is the new channel lineup starting Aug.14.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
Just saw this on Tuscaloosa News.com
SEC NETWORK ON THE DIAL

AT&T U-Verse: Channels 607 for standard definition and 1607 for high-definition for viewers with the U200 package.

DISH Network: Channel 404 with the Hopper digital set-top box or on channels 408, 596 and 597 for those with different equipment.

Comcast Xfinity: Channel 740 and in high definition at 1738.

Charter Communications: Expanded Basic and Charter Select channels 30 and 318 in standard definition and channel 811 in high-definition.

DirecTV: Channel 611

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Just saw this on Tuscaloosa News.com
SEC NETWORK ON THE DIAL

AT&T U-Verse: Channels 607 for standard definition and 1607 for high-definition for viewers with the U200 package.

DISH Network: Channel 404 with the Hopper digital set-top box or on channels 408, 596 and 597 for those with different equipment.

Comcast Xfinity: Channel 740 and in high definition at 1738.

Charter Communications: Expanded Basic and Charter Select channels 30 and 318 in standard definition and channel 811 in high-definition.

DirecTV: Channel 611
SEC Network will be taking the old CSS channel on Charter. I must admit though, I do hate to lose CSS.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
it will start at 5pm CST today with a 3 hour premeire show! as of this morning my directv wasn't channel yet and i do have the package one up from the package that has the network so if channel 611 isn't showing up when i get home today, Directv will have one unhappy customer.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.