SEC Network Links and news

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The SEC Network already has Dish Network, AT&T U-verse, Google Fiber and NRTC as the carriers of the network. Those outlets allow the network to send programs to televisions, computers and mobile devices. Negotiations are ongoing with Comcast, Time-Warner and Charter Communications to expand the reach around the country to make it a national network.
Anyone notice one glaring omission?

"Gee! No, GTE." AKA Veri Zon. Knowing what I know about them, no surprise. Brings a new meaning to "no GTE."

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I got this reply from Bright House:

Thank you for contacting Bright House Networks about the SEC Network. I appreciate your interest in this exciting new channel. We are in discussion with the SEC Network, although we do not currently have an agreement. Bright House Networks continues to evaluate programming that provides the best value for our customers, and we are happy to hear from our customers about what they would like to see on our channel lineup. The SEC Network will launch in August of this year.
They also included the SECN Football schedule for the fall, which makes me a bit more hopeful than I might otherwise have been.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
I'm been busy with other issues, but I will get serious in the next few weeks to find a way to receive the SEC Network. I've been a Directv customer for twelve or so years, but that will certainly change if they do not carry this. For now, I'm trying to be patient, thinking they are in negotiations, but I will drop them if they don't announce by mid August. Fortunately, my two year contract with them has expired, so making the change will not carry a financial penalty.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm been busy with other issues, but I will get serious in the next few weeks to find a way to receive the SEC Network. I've been a Directv customer for twelve or so years, but that will certainly change if they do not carry this. For now, I'm trying to be patient, thinking they are in negotiations, but I will drop them if they don't announce by mid August. Fortunately, my two year contract with them has expired, so making the change will not carry a financial penalty.
I'm in the same boat except I would have to pay an early termination penalty. I don't care though I'll pay it. First SEC game on SEC network is A&M vs USCe on Thursday night and then that Saturday is AU vs Arkansas. Just those two games are worth it. I haven't looked much past that to see all the other games that are scheduled for SEC network. I imagine I'll use it a lot during basketball season also for Bama hoops.

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180
I recently had a Directtv service man to my residence and he said there was no way that they would NOT have the SEC Network.
Reason being they service most of the bars and restaurants that have TV.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If all things fail..There will be live sports streams of the SEC Network I'm sure..
I'm in the same boat except I would have to pay an early termination penalty. I don't care though I'll pay it. First SEC game on SEC network is A&M vs USCe on Thursday night and then that Saturday is AU vs Arkansas. Just those two games are worth it. I haven't looked much past that to see all the other games that are scheduled for SEC network. I imagine I'll use it a lot during basketball season also for Bama hoops.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If all things fail..There will be live sports streams of the SEC Network I'm sure..
Yea I would just rather watch it on my 60" TV than my laptop or have to hook up my laptop to my TV. I'm not to worried about it though. I'm confident DirectTv will get it.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I recently had a Directtv service man to my residence and he said there was no way that they would NOT have the SEC Network.
Reason being they service most of the bars and restaurants that have TV.
Same thing with Charter. There is no way they won't have it. I just hope they figure out the deal before the launch of it.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
My cable provider, Cablevision told me they heard nothing of it! Imagine that for up here. I had to explain what kind of sports were going to be on the network. I am not holding my breath.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
My contract with Directv is now expired. As a "thank you" for my 16 years of loyalty to them, they just increased my monthly bill by $40. Guess which company I'm not going to be doing business with this football season?
:mad:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
My contract with Directv is now expired. As a "thank you" for my 16 years of loyalty to them, they just increased my monthly bill by $40. Guess which company I'm not going to be doing business with this football season?
If you don't want to change they give you a better rate if you threaten to switch to Dish. I currently have Directv and my contract is about to expire so i will be in the same situation. If the SEC Network isn't offered the rate wont matter though. I will be switching.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
If you don't want to change they give you a better rate if you threaten to switch to Dish. I currently have Directv and my contract is about to expire so i will be in the same situation. If the SEC Network isn't offered the rate wont matter though. I will be switching.
I think the pressure on Direct TV and Time Warner will result in them carrying the SEC Network..now as to be free or in a package, probably be determined by the final negotiation. And yes telling them your going to leave will get you a better rate....I still get mail from Direct begging me to come back promos, and I quit them 4 years ago!

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I think the pressure on Direct TV and Time Warner will result in them carrying the SEC Network..now as to be free or in a package, probably be determined by the final negotiation. And yes telling them your going to leave will get you a better rate....I still get mail from Direct begging me to come back promos, and I quit them 4 years ago!
I quit Dish 2 years ago and get the same kind of mail.

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States
Has Dish Network announced which channel it is going to be on? I have looked online and I could not find anything. I know that it is still over a month away before it launches, I was just curious about which channel it is going to be on.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
RollTide1017 is 100% correct that ATT&T U Verse was the 1st major TV Network to have singed up to carry the SEC Network thankfully..Here's an article about it..I recently switched to U Verse a couple months ago & am so glad I did so..It's awesome & highly recommend anyone that's thinking about switching to another cable & internet provider to give U Verse a try..I think it's awesome & recommend trying it out & the internet through U Verse is fast & reliable..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
Not surprising, U-verse hasn't either. I'ma check again after media days and then call them.
What are you talking about, U-verse was the first provider that signed on. AT&T was part of the network announcement back in May of 2013.

See here: http://uverse.com/uverse/secnetwork

You have to have the U200 package or above to get it in SEC regions, U300 or above nationwide.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.