SEC Network Links and news

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
DirecTV has been saying for months that they were in negotiation. Just last week the head of DirecTV said they were "close" to finalizing a deal. With all due respect, you have this one completely wrong. I kept up with it because I am a DirecTV subscriber. I can't blame you for not knowing since you seem to have Charter.
Charter pulled through for me. Doing my happy dance!!

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
I wasn't planning on changing...too big of a hassle...so I'm glad directv got r done!

Well, I have the premium package with DTV, so I knew if they got it, I'd get it...now we'll see if/when and how much the costs go up. Around here it's either Comcast, Dish or DTV. I'm glad DTV got it but I won't deal with Comcast, and switched from Dish to Direct years ago. No way I'd go through the hassle of switching back for one channel.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Pretty sure. The games I care about will be on major networks, and the Spring sports I can follow on the app
What if the Iron Bowl or the Bama-LSU game is ever on the SEC Network? I know that that sounds preposterous now, but stranger things have happened.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I called Comcast today trying to find out if I'll get SEC-TV at my current level. I have sports tier 1 which is basically all the ESPN group. I was told I will get it with no price increase. I hope this is correct.

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
TDS Telecom is on.
I emailed them about it and here is there reply:
Hello -
Yes, we have reached an agreement with them and this channel will roll out later this month. I don't have a specific date or channel number at this time.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Someone said on Facebook today that Charter will be dropping the Big Ten Network to carry the SEC in the Southern region. He said heard this from a Charter employee he was friends with.

Anyone else heard this?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Someone said on Facebook today that Charter will be dropping the Big Ten Network to carry the SEC in the Southern region. He said heard this from a Charter employee he was friends with.

Anyone else heard this?
I saw another report though, that announced a deal with the SEC Network and Longhorn Network (at the same time) but this was somewhere in Texas. It's kind of lousy, but ESPN might be using the SEC to push their bad investment in the Longhorn Network.

On the flip-side, The Pac-12 is owned entirely by the conference, and the BTN is a split with Fox. ESPN has plenty of incentive to try to limit the reach of both of those networks. This is where the addition of Texas A&M and Missouri really comes into play. Those were the two biggest Big-12 states. So, adding states with combined populations of over 30 million certainly helps a lot when it comes to leverage for a network.

By the way, did anyone know that the MWC was the first to have their own network? I sure didn't...

Last edited:

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I just called up DirecTV. I didn't say I wanted to cancel, but said I wanted more for my money. I have the basic package and pay $86 a month (HD receivers can get $$$). They upgraded me by 2 packages so I'll now have ESPNU, ESPNews, FS1, The Big10 Network and... The SEC Network. My bill is now going to be $76. So I'm going to save $10 a month.

I'm pretty content right about now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.