Link: Sunday SEC Football?

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Re: Sunday Night SEC Football?

If they try and put a game on Sunday, it will be a big game. Which means probably involving us. I don't like it, and I hope we turn it down. This is the SEC, we ain't heathens yet.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It seems like a gimmick for the network (like the NFL Network did with Thursday night), but I really don't like the idea of this at all. To me it only makes any sort of sense if it's a neutral location and if they figure out a time slot that doesn't put it head to head with a big NFL game (and are there any?).

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

If they try and put a game on Sunday, it will be a big game. Which means probably involving us. I don't like it, and I hope we turn it down. This is the SEC, we ain't heathens yet.
Well said!!!

Southern churches, especially in Alabama, vote "no." It wouln't be good for church attendance.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
I went to the Bama-Michigan game at Jerry World, then went to Waco on Sunday for the Sunday evening Baylor vs SMU. Cool in the early season but I wouldn't want it all season. Made for a fun weekend for my son and I.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Personally..I hope that Sunday College Football Games never happens in the SEC, but, will still go to it if possible & will watch on TV..As long as I get to see Bama play..I don't care if it's 12 at night Sunday night..I'll be rooting my Tide on either in person or at home, watching the game on my recliner, with my Laptop posting here on TideFans & I'm sure everyone of y'all would be there with in person or here on TideFans as well..LOL

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

The USFL found out going head to head with the NFL is not good. We should stick to Saturdays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

All it says it there will be *A* game early in the season. Every year there are a few games on Sunday to start the season because the NFL has not started. In fact, it looks like it will be the Utah State at Tennessee game.

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

This is not a big change.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Thanks for posting that TV Schedule tide96..I didn't realize The Barn opens the season against Arkansas..That seems really unusual for an SEC team to open the season against a rival SEC team..How often does that happen..The seems kinda weird to me..

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS

As a Christian. if Bama plays on Sunday, I will not support it or watch it. My prediction is if this becomes a regular thing, it will be the beginning of the death of the SEC. Stick to Saturdays.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now

As a Christian. if Bama plays on Sunday, I will not support it or watch it. My prediction is if this becomes a regular thing, it will be the beginning of the death of the SEC. Stick to Saturdays.
Actually, if you want to be accurate according to bible context, Mostly Saturday (Friday sundown through Saturday sundown) has always been the Jewish Sabbath on out Gregorian calendar.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I know college football always has a game on Sunday the opening weekend, but I cannot see that being a regular thing. I would still watch but let's stick to Saturdays please.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.