Link: Former LSU O-lineman T-Bob Hebert sets record straight about 2012 BCS Championship

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County

Conspiracy theorists let it all hang out after LSU lost to Alabama in the 2012 BCS National Championship Game during the 2011 season. Jarrett Lee never saw the field to replace a struggling Jordan Jefferson, and LSU didn’t even cross midfield until the fourth quarter. Full story

http://710keel.com/t-bob-hebert-dishes-on-2012-lsu-bcs-loss-to-alabama/

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2014/4/22/5640640/t-bob-hebert-on-2012-bcs-title-game-in-reddit-ama-nothing-out-of-the

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Conspiracy theorists let it all hang out after LSU lost to Alabama in the 2012 BCS National Championship Game during the 2011 season. Jarrett Lee never saw the field to replace a struggling Jordan Jefferson, and LSU didn’t even cross midfield until the fourth quarter. Full story

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/t-bob-hebert-2012-bcs-championship-game/
The link doesn't work.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Much respect for this guy. I feel his pain. Problem for him is we had a whole team full of guys that took this game as seriously as he did. LSU probably had a few plus a bunch of guys who thought they were gonna stomp us the second time around, believing all the hype about them being the greatest of all time. Oh, and most importantly, they were gonna stick with the option game, cause it totally smoked us the first time. Yeah they had a plan. But we had the hunger.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
It usually never turns out good when the other team simply wants it more than you. We've been on both sides before. It is nothing less than sickening. That will be game the LSU faithful will never forget, though they'd love to.
Yeah, we had two of those back-to-back to end this last season. They sting a little bit. Like a three inch deep gash from a chain saw followed by an alcohol bath.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Yeah, we had two of those back-to-back to end this last season. They sting a little bit. Like a three inch deep gash from a chain saw followed by an alcohol bath.
That's the problem when guys with nothing to prove take on guys with everything to prove. Most of the guys on the 2014 roster had nothing to prove. They gave plenty of effort, but they didn't have anything to prove. Auburn and Oklahoma sure did. I don't think we can fathom how much beating Bama meant to a guy who has earned the nickname "Big Game Bob." We met a disrespected coach of a disrespected team from a disrespected conference. Or how bout a team whom we out scored by about a hundred the past seasons...

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now

You genuinely believe in your heart that you have the best team that has ever suited up to play for the purple and gold. You are playing for the national championship against a rival in your division that has gone nuclear on a national audience level. Then You watch as your entire team literally implodes as you are out hustled, out played, out talented, to the tune of 92 total yards. Hebert seemed to indicate that chainsaw is still cutting deep. :biggrin2:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
It usually never turns out good when the other team simply wants it more than you. We've been on both sides before. It is nothing less than sickening. That will be game the LSU faithful will never forget, though they'd love to.
We witnessed that first hand during the Sugar Bowl earlier this year.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That was as dominant of a performance as I've ever seen on the college level, when you factor in just how good & talented that Swamp Kitten team truly was..I agree that was Coach Saban best game plan & was our Boys best game since "The Process" has been at Bama..And the Butt Kicking" couldn't have happened to a more deserving fan base cause of the way they were bad mouthing Bama & Coach Saban in particular..I know Coach Saban says he doesn't take things personal at what is said about him..Y'all know deep down he enjoyed that win as much as we did..

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180
You can talk all you want about that LSU game but to me the most dominant performance of a championship game was the
beat down given to the Irish in Miami.

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006
You can talk all you want about that LSU game but to me the most dominant performance of a championship game was the
beat down given to the Irish in Miami.

The 2011 LSU team would do the same thing that we did to the 2012 ND team. The 2011 seasons for LSU and Alabama were nearly mirrored. They beat the same schools by nearly identical scores. For me, the 2011 LSU team is as good, if not better than, a lot of the other NC's from the past decade. To dominate a team that was as talented and as skilled as that Tiger team was is astonishing. In my mind, the two beat downs don't even compare. The performance the defense put up in NOLA was other worldly.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I read some of the comments, which seemed to be all from LSU fans, and none of them or Hebert give Bama much credit for being the better team. They still look at the 9-6 win in TTown as them beating us rather than us beating ourselves. That night LSU got points out of every possible scoring opportunity they had whereas I've mentally blocked the numerous missed opportunities we failed to capitalize on.

The fact is that no one who knows football or watched the regular season game was predicting an LSU victory in the BCSNC. There was surprise at how easy we made it look defensively but I doubt many were surprised we won that game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.