Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

*** OG Deonte Brown Commits to Alabama ***

I looked & didn't see the commitment of Deonte Brown to Bama on the board, this is figuratively & literally a huge instate pickup for Bama, it's always great to land Blue Chip "Big Uglies" cause you can never have too many talented O-Lineman..Especially instate O-Linemen, cause you always wanna get the best of the best, the Stae has to offer & keep them away from Lee County especially or any other SEC team we may play against..Watch the video in the article I linked & watch Deonte swat away the D Player like he's nothing more than a gnat..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Four-star OG Deonte Brown Commits To Alabama

I`m no O line expert (would like to see a comment from someone who is ), but for a kid his size he looks to me like he`s light on his feet and moves well.

BamaNation First Team

Thank you Mario. Keep those outstanding O linemen coming. Welcome DB and RTR.

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

Not a very highly ranked player but I can see in the film that his footwork is really good for a big man. Guards and Centers are notoriously difficult to rate. Most are listed as either 3 or 4 stars and there seems to be little correlation as to which ones turn out to be big time players. I think it's a mixture of footwork, balance, and raw power that makes them great and it's just hard to measure that.
    BS 1989

This guy might be a candidate for the "lunch bunch!" Glad the good guys got him.
    Rollin Since '81.

BamaNation First Team

I remember a time when we wouldn't have considered the #7 recruit at his position "not very highly ranked."

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Roll Tide Deonte Brown! Welcome to Title Town USA!
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by stlimprov View Post
    I remember a time when we wouldn't have considered the #7 recruit at his position "not very highly ranked."
    Agreed. He is a 4* on 247 and I have seen his film before he committed and thought he was a beast with great feet. Great pick-up of an in-state player. Welcome Deonte and RTR!

BamaNation First Team

Welcome! RTR!

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    Not a very highly ranked player but I can see in the film that his footwork is really good for a big man. Guards and Centers are notoriously difficult to rate. Most are listed as either 3 or 4 stars and there seems to be little correlation as to which ones turn out to be big time players. I think it's a mixture of footwork, balance, and raw power that makes them great and it's just hard to measure that.
    He is rated a Top 10 OG in the nation, a Top 10 player in the state of Alabama, and a Top 200 player at any position in the nation per 247 sports. what more do you want?
    per sources close to the coaching staff, they are very high on him and believe his ceiling is of the charts.
    and YES his footwork is very impressive for a huge OL, watch how he knocks guys comparable to him in size off their butts when contact is made.
    great pick up. RTR!!
    Last edited by sanjosecrimson; April 30th, 2015 at 05:05 PM.

My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Welcome Deonte and Roll Tide!

Welcome, Mr Brown. RTR!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

I agree 100% with ya Bro..I'll take as many 4* OG we can land & the 195 rated best player in the country by 247 Sports any day of the week..Like most O-Linemen, I'm sure he'll RS, and then work himself in & up, the depth chart once the RS comes off..His video is impressive..I love how he plays with a mean streak, and looks for D Players to block, after he swats away or plants the initial D Player he comes in contact with on his backside..You can never have to many good O-Linemen & especially instate players..
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    He is rated a Top 10 OG in the nation, a Top 10 player in the state of Alabama, and a Top 200 player at any position in the nation per 247 sports. what more do you want?
    per sources close to the coaching staff, they are very high on him and believe his ceiling is of the charts.
    and YES his footwork is very impressive for a huge OL, watch how he knocks guys comparable to him in size off their butts when contact is made.
    great pick up. RTR!!