*** DE/LB Christian Bell Signs with Alabama after Taking Greyshirt (12/16/15) ***

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
*** DE / LB Christian Bell Commits to Alabama ***

He's rated as a WDE, but some say Bama recruited him at SAM LB.
I've seen him up close in person. He is built more like an OLB than a DE. He is like an Adrian Hubbard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Re: *** DE / LB Christian Bell Commits to Alabama ***

This kid is looking good against those big Miami Cental lineman in this game. He's going to be a good one.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Bell had a solid showing in his 1st game against good competition. Glad to have on him on board. If he continues this upward trend, look for him to earn his 4 * star.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

A little surprised he is attending the aggies / puppies game not Bama / Rebears.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I'm assuming he's just keeping his officials? May be wrong though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

What are the odds Bell is allowed to enroll in June now Taylor is gone?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

From al.com

Bell -- who was an AL.com Super Senior this year -- wasn't able to sign with Alabama back in February because of academics but he plans to either enroll this summer once his grades in his core classes are finalized or he will wait until January to enroll with next year's signing class.

His status currently fits in as a commitment for the Class of 2016 under the familiar "grayshirt" label. Bell told AL.com he expects to graduate from Hoover with a 2.4 GPA in his core courses and an 18 on his ACT. There is a chance he could enroll in Alabama over the summer if the scholarship numbers allow for a spot, but that is not the likely scenario.

"I am 100 percent sure I am going to Alabama," Bell said. "Coach Saban sent a letter with his signature on it saying that I would be able to enroll in January. So that is a for sure thing, there. I was never really worried about it, but I know there is nothing to worry about it now with that letter."

Bell said he plans to "stay busy" during the summer and fall before he reports to Alabama in January. He said he will be working with a trainer before he reports to Alabama.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Bell tells Scout.com he signed with Alabama this morning. Also told Scout's John Garcia he's weight 240 now.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Bell tells Scout.com he signed with Alabama this morning. Also told Scout's John Garcia he's weight 240 now.
Saw him a couple of weeks ago. He's every bit of 240 but wouldn't be able to tell it because of his frame.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

I like this guy. He was a four star player and certainly didn't have to accept a grey shirt but apparently knew what he wanted and listened to the coaches and I expect it will pay off down the road.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.