Herschel Walker Says He Could Still Play In The NFL (Not a Joke)

chalkpit

Suspended
May 31, 2012
I guess none of you guys saw the segment not to long ago when he did drills and workouts with the uga team. The guy ran circles around everyone and was not even winded when the workout was done. I have no doubt he could play 10-15 touches a game.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Uh, no fellas. NOT the NFL, I'm sorry.

I know he thinks he can and Herschel has done a lot (I like the guy).

But not in a million years. Not the NFL. No way.
Sorry Selma, I trust a guy who's actually played in the NFL over someone who hasn't.

Anyone else I'd say no, but he's stronger than he's ever been. He may not have the agility or speed, but I guarantee he could hammer in a few TD's from 3-4 yards out whenever he'd be called upon.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Without going back and checking, seems like he was on some bad teams in the NFL. I mean when Dallas traded him to Minnesota, they received a lot of draft picks and that is how they built their dynasty of the 90's. Minnesota couldn't have been too good or Philly around that time frame either.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm not a big MMA fan but I do know the physical demands one has to meet to compete in that sport. If Walker is able to compete in MMA without being totally embarrassed and can for the most part hold his own. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch to think he could be competitive in the NFL. Now, I'm not saying win a rushing title or win the starting job but he very well may could meet the physical demands to play. If he's "old man slow" he would have long been knocked out of MMA fighting.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
He would have no chance in the NFL. Probably not the Canadian League.

Could he occasionally get a few yards with good blocking? Of course, but the vast majority of the time he would be destroyed. You are telling me he would beat out a Trent Richardson (who is struggling himself) just because he looks like he is in good shape? He is 30 years older than most of the running backs in the league. No chance.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
As I look down on my slightly overweight belly -- and I hear my knees pop every time I get up out of my chair -- at the ripe old age of 45 -- it's funny to hear people bash Herschel freaking Walker -- and that he's wouldn't be good enough to pick up 3-4 yards per carry -- in today's NFL.....

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
He would have no chance in the NFL. Probably not the Canadian League.

Could he occasionally get a few yards with good blocking? Of course, but the vast majority of the time he would be destroyed. You are telling me he would beat out a Trent Richardson (who is struggling himself) just because he looks like he is in good shape? He is 30 years older than most of the running backs in the league. No chance.
If he's successfully fighting in MMA there "ain't no" looks like he's in shape. He is in shape. I've watched championship boxers who didn't have the stamina,strength or skill to stay in the ring past two rounds with someone in MMA.

I wouldn't say "no chance". I'd have my doubts but it wouldn't surprise if he could actually make a team.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
He would have no chance in the NFL.

Of course, but the vast majority of the time he would be destroyed. You are telling me he would beat out a Trent Richardson (who is struggling himself) just because he looks like he is in good shape? He is 30 years older than most of the running backs in the league. No chance.
I didn't see it in person but heard that he ran a 4.4 forty last year in a timed event. That's a little quicker than Trent if I trust this time and he used to be a worldclass sprinter. I mean he still looks legit, so I guess I believe it. He also takes the punishment of MMA and that's without pads so yes bro, there is a chance he could do it.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
If Ric Flair can wrestle 225 days out of the year from age 20 to 106 (or how ever old he is), I think Herschel can be effective as a situational back in the NFL.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I guess none of you guys saw the segment not to long ago when he did drills and workouts with the uga team. The guy ran circles around everyone and was not even winded when the workout was done. I have no doubt he could play 10-15 touches a game.
yeah, but the current uga team would swim laps around him in a pool. its a situational strength

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.