Jackson Davis Announcement Friday

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
He is announcing tomorrow (4-25) afternoon, would be a potential HUGE Get imo. Seems the thought among those who follow recruiting closely is Bama has momentum, and he had a great visit.

Seems the Mom likes Alabama and Grant a lot as well, and Davis got along well with our newcomers. Another good sign may be he moved his announcement up after visiting.

I think Butler is the main competition, they are close in proximity, a Basketball Only school, and offer immediate playing time. Hope we get him, might just be the type guy we have barely missed on before that could get us over the crest.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He had an in-home visit with Grant a few days ago. Donovan was supposed to visit the following day, but Jackson canceled it. That is very good news for Bama.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep one of two things on that RTR

1. He made his mind up T-town is where he wants to be
2. He realized another school was the one after T-town was not what he expected.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So he cancelled his visits to Creighton and Arizona State???
He cut his list to Bama, Rice and Butler. Link

Jackson Davis has cut his list to three schools and will announce at 3:45 p.m. on Friday at his high school, his mother, Ginger Davis, confirmed to SNY.tv.

The 6-foot-8 Lexington (Ky.) Lafayette power forward is down to Alabama, Butler and Rice.

Arizona State, Columbia, Creighton, Florida and Vanderbilt are out.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
He is a PF that likes to rebound, the type guy we have been missing sinces Hines left

Last edited:

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
He moves pretty well for a PF too and apparently from some articles I've read has developed an outside game too

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
According to Twitter Bama has inquired about Phil Cofer. I wonder if this means we don't expect to get Davis.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
According to Twitter Bama has inquired about Phil Cofer. I wonder if this means we don't expect to get Davis.
I saw something this week that said the SEC prohibits a player from signing with a SEC school after being released from a signed LOI with another SEC school. Haven't been able to confirm it, though.

Also:

@zkeefer: Per his mother, Jackson Davis (who announces today) made his final decision yesterday & let all 3 coaching staffs know.

EDIT: Cecil retweeted the above tweet. Someone tweeted this to him:

@zlw2188 @CecilHurt Would explain why Coach Brannen stopped following him and his parents on twitter.

Last edited:

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I saw something this week that said the SEC prohibits a player from signing with a SEC school after being released from a signed LOI with another SEC school. Haven't been able to confirm it, though.

Also:

@zkeefer: Per his mother, Jackson Davis (who announces today) made his final decision yesterday & let all 3 coaching staffs know.

EDIT: Cecil retweeted the above tweet. Someone tweeted this to him:

@zlw2188 @CecilHurt Would explain why Coach Brannen stopped following him and his parents on twitter.
I've always felt Butler had the lead. His dad gave an interview to Zags blog shortly after his visit to Bama. They were very impressed, but it sounded like they were shocked they were so impressed and we were gaining ground on their leader.

I think that rule refers to transfers.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I've read the same thing but I've also read the SEC is will usually waive this rule fairly easily if a school submits a request.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.