Link: Steve Spurrier Doesn’t Understand Why Tennessee Likes Playing Alabama

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Gotta love the "Ole Ball Coach" & his willingness to tick off every fanbase in the SEC..The Viles in particular..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Steve Spurrier on SEC permanent rivals: "Alabama and Tennessee like each other. I don’t know why Tennessee would keep liking them though."

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
He is exactly how you describe him on a personal level, but, on the football side of Spurrier, I have a tremendous amount of respect for the man..He's one of the best to ever play & coach the game on the O side of the ball..He's had more success at SC than any HC before him & prolly after him..
All of the above

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He's just an east tennessee hick picking on some folks back home. Don't take much for folks who get their corn in a jar.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Most of the time CSS cracks me up but yeah I don't even get why he's bringing this up other than taking a shot at UT. I still consider the Viles our #1 all-time rival and it will have some extra spice now that Kiffin is on the staff. The Bama/UT game is unquestionably one of the all time great rivalry games. Sure it's lopsided now but the roles were reversed not too long ago. It's a very cyclical rivalry in recent times.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Most of the time CSS cracks me up but yeah I don't even get why he's bringing this up other than taking a shot at UT. I still consider the Viles our #1 all-time rival and it will have some extra spice now that Kiffin is on the staff. The Bama/UT game is unquestionably one of the all time great rivalry games. Sure it's lopsided now but the roles were reversed not too long ago. It's a very cyclical rivalry in recent times.
Has been that way the last half century. Bama has been up on them more, but each team tends to run a streak every now and then.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Spurrier has a lot to do with the viles problems. In the past they got a good number of their players out of SC. Tennessee has never been a hotbed for high school talent so they've always had to poach players out of state.

With Alabama and the barn on the rise in recent years locking down Alabama, CNS pulling what Georgia talent Richt doesn't get, you have Spurrier and now Clemson shutting them out of SC. Where else can they go? Pretty much Mississippi, Kentucky and whatever 2 and 3 star players they can get anywhere else.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Spurrier has a lot to do with the viles problems. In the past they got a good number of their players out of SC. Tennessee has never been a hotbed for high school talent so they've always had to poach players out of state.

With Alabama and the barn on the rise in recent years locking down Alabama, Richt pulling what Georgia talent CNS doesn't get, you have Spurrier and now Clemson shutting them out of SC. Where else can they go? Pretty much Mississippi, Kentucky and whatever 2 and 3 star players they can get anywhere else.
Fixed it for you.:)

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Spurrier hadn't seen his name in print lately, so open mouth and... voila!

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
NO! We don't like each other!!!!!! That's why we wanna keep playing them!!! So we can say "Nanny nanny boo boo, we just beat the heck outta you! see ya next year Vols with another butt whoopin!!" THAT"S WHY STEVE!:p

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
He is exactly how you describe him on a personal level, but, on the football side of Spurrier, I have a tremendous amount of respect for the man..He's one of the best to ever play & coach the game on the O side of the ball..He's had more success at SC than any HC before him & prolly after him..
Well that's not hard. USCe has SUCKED their entire history until he got there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.