Terrence Jones, OL- Troy, squats 810 lbs

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm not into weight lifting & have no idea at how much weight is considered "Hercules" type accomplishments..Do y'll think we have players that could squat that much or more here at Bama or is this like a super human type squat???..

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
I'm not into weight lifting & have no idea at how much weight is considered "Hercules" type accomplishments..Do y'll think we have players that could squat that much or more here at Bama or is this like a super human type squat???..
Regardless of if there's anyone at Bama that could squat that (maybe, but doubtful), that's a TON of weight and is near super human.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
About 15 years ago, I was in the gym when some huge guy I'd never seen in there before was getting ready to bench somewhere upwards of 500 lbs. He said, "Hey, bro. Can you give me a spot?" All I could do was laugh.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
That's so much weight, did you see how much the bar was bending?

I wonder how much weight you can put on the bar until it breaks.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
That's literally like putting two full grown fed hogs on each side of the bar and lifting it....Incredible...I'd have to put on piglets to lift it, and even then not sure if I could...:biggrin2:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The article says he is an O-Line, at 6-3 320lbs & with his leg strength, I would think he would be a perfect DT or NG..He has the body & leg strength to be a spark plug of a "Run Stopper" I would think..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Didn't look like he got completely parallel. Probably would not have counted in a competitive setting. I've seen countless people who say the can bench or squat x amount and don't even come close to doing the lift properly. No doubt the dude is unnaturally strong though.

Methylred

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 29, 2006
Honestly, I hate to see that. He is putting way too much weight on his ankles and knee's. He will regret doing that when he is older.
Honestly? The likelihood of him being injured in the squat rack is much lower than the likelihood of him being injured on the field. By your logic, he should give up football.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
That's impressive weight to squat. What's not impressive? Shrinking testicles and man boobs that he will have in 5-10 years. Call me skeptical but that was probably aided by "supplements" (where is that deer antler spray guy? :))

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Honestly? The likelihood of him being injured in the squat rack is much lower than the likelihood of him being injured on the field. By your logic, he should give up football.
Nobody is suggesting that he give up football. Having lifted weights for years and being over 50 gives me a perspective you my not have. Lifting weights is very helpful to any football player as long as you don't over do it. The human body and especially our joints can only take so much stress.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.