Philip Cofer and CJ Turman - UT Signees That Opted Out of Their LOIs

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@Ben_Fred #Vols signee CJ Turman opted out of meeting with new UT coach Donnie Tyndall. He will be released from LOI. Story coming to @GoVolsXtra.

#Vols have also officially released signee Philip Cofer from his LOI. But he is open to being re-recruited by UT, according to his father.

Re: CJ Turman ... He will be released from his LOI, but UT can't do it until he files the official paperwork. Hasn't done it yet.

CJ Turman's profile

Philip Cofer's profile

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
@Ben_Fred #Vols signee CJ Turman opted out of meeting with new UT coach Donnie Tyndall. He will be released from LOI. Story coming to @GoVolsXtra.

#Vols have also officially released signee Philip Cofer from his LOI. But he is open to being re-recruited by UT, according to his father.

Re: CJ Turman ... He will be released from his LOI, but UT can't do it until he files the official paperwork. Hasn't done it yet.

CJ Turman's profile

Philip Cofer's profile
According to the 247Sports liinks posted, we were among finalists for both of these, and both are over 6'8" and over 200 lbs. Any chance we snag either?

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
According to the 247Sports liinks posted, we were among finalists for both of these, and both are over 6'8" and over 200 lbs. Any chance we snag either?
I think we have a shot. It was the common belief that Turman chose UT because Bama slow played when William Lee was considered a Bama lock. Hopefully we can get redemption. I'm a huge fan of the way Turman plays.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Doesn't look like Bama will get either one. Link

GEORGIA TECH LIKES EX-UT SIGNEE

Georgia Tech is trying to get into the mix with Phil Cofer, the 6-8 forward from Whitewater High School who recently got his release from Tennessee after the coaching change.

Cofer told Volsquest.com’s Rob Lewis that he will take official visits to Florida State and Virginia Tech over the next two weeks, and that he’s hearing from Georgia Tech and Memphis, among others.

Cofer, whose father played at Tennessee, is also considering joining the Volunteers again, even though he got a release.

UGA AND ALABAMA TAKE A LOOK

UGA and Alabama both had some heavy interest in another former Tennessee signee, CJ Turman, according to his AAU coach.

“But they’ve got that rule where you can’t transfer to another SEC school without having to sit out two years,” Michael Stokes told the AJC. “It’s totally unjust but it is what it is.”

“I think he’s going to visit Florida Atlantic this weekend. We’ve got a good relationship with those coaches, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at Florida Atlantic.”

Turman is a 6-8 forward from Morgan County High School.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Did not know there was a two year rule on transferring within the SEC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.