Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Bama sign another RB in the 2015 class?

I don't think Kerryon Johnson was going to be a RB at Bama (looked like a better fit at safety, IMO). Just curious to who else (if anyone) Bama was still actively recruiting at RB?

Jovon Robinson? Damien Harris? Both those guys are impressive but I have to wonder if Robinson would be a "one and done" kind of guy.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Will Bama sign another RB in the 2015 class?

We already have Flowers committed. We'll probably get one more RB in this class. Not sure who it will be, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If JR gets the Barn offer and I figure he will, if he already hasn't, I think he'll be the prodigal that returns home to them.

I've seen several comments that he is considered the best RB recruit for 2015. I just don't know where he'd fit in on our depth chart.

TJ is likely gone after '14. If Drake has a decent year, he may test the draft too. DH will likely be the #1 guy coming back in '14, but remember we have some young studs with Tennpenny and Jones too.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Yup..And Bo Scarbough can & most likely will be a RB from what I've read at Bama(I read that's the position he wants to play at Bama)..He is that big kinda RB Coach Saban seems to love & he can flat fly for a player his size running the ball & is the perfect RB in our offense..Can y'all imagine Bo & Henry side by side in the backfield..That's a DC worst nightmare come true..

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

I think with our stable we shouldn't go after another with Flowers committed. Granted I'm not top coach either.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Yup..And Bo Scarbough can & most likely will be a RB from what I've read at Bama(I read that's the position he wants to play at Bama)..He is that big kinda RB Coach Saban seems to love & he can flat fly for a player his size running the ball & is the perfect RB in our offense..Can y'all imagine Bo & Henry side by side in the backfield..That's a DC worst nightmare come true..
    I'm not sure Bo qualifies. That will play a role in this recruiting class.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

need to sign 1 more. you never wanna get caught with your pants down. injury, transfer, suspension, etc can and will happen.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

I read on another board that Bo has the grades now to make into Bama as long as he keeps those grades up..Lets hope he does..
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I'm not sure Bo qualifies. That will play a role in this recruiting class.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

If we miss out on Harris, do you guys think Bradrick Shaw and Nick Gibson are takes?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer91 View Post
    If we miss out on Harris, do you guys think Bradrick Shaw and Nick Gibson are takes?
    I was wonding the same. They are both really good in-state RB's but do we go out of state to grab someone better. I think we may have to miss on a couple before either is a take.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't this question depend on how our RBs develop? Yeldon likely gone after this season - and possibly Drake, too. Also, Henry probably here only two more seasons.

Tenpenny and Jones become crucial to the future. Scarbrough needs to [1] get past academics, and [2] be the hoss we think he can be.

Based on the above, we probably take another running back this recruiting cycle; maybe two.
    Last edited by bama579; May 4th, 2014 at 09:27 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Will Bama sign another RB in the 2015 class?

I know it sounds cliche, but it really is true that you cannot have too many rbs, especially given our style of O and how Saban loves big, punishing backs. I would think we would have at least two on our board and maybe more as fall back options.

Last edited by deliveryman35; May 4th, 2014 at 10:50 AM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

At the moment, I'd lean towards us probably taking another tailback in the 2015 class, but that's only a qualified yes, and one that could very easily change. A lot depends on what happens with Bo, and provided that he qualifies academically and remains at tailback, I think it's possible that we don't take another true back in this class.

As for Robinson, he may still end up in Tuscaloosa, but I'm starting to grow a bit skeptical. It seemed a couple of months back like that situation was ripe for commitment, and yet nothing has happened. There are cases going the other way, of course, but typically when you see a delay like that it indicates some underlying issue with either the school or the player (or both) with respect to a possible future together.

Anyway, I'll add my standard objection for the file that people get entirely too worked up over recruiting the tailback position. All of this fretting over tailbacks ought to instead be applied to OTs, CBs, and pass rushers.
    Last edited by BigEasyTider; May 5th, 2014 at 10:34 AM.