Alabama swimmer dies from storm

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
My thoughts and prayers to John's family. He is a true hero as he held a concrete retaining wall from collapsing on top of his girlfriend who escaped. The wall then collapsed on top of him. RIP John!

Last edited:

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
So tragic and sad. He is a true hero, giving his life for someone else. No greater love than this (John 15:13). Prayers sent for his family.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
God Bless that Young Man and his Family and friends

A tragic symmetry - we have had 2 athletes protecting their Girlfriend in the face of a violent storm in the last few years - one time the Girlfriend lost her life, and now the athlete. :(

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Many times, I think we all, and particularly myself, just need to thank the Lord for allowing us to wake up to face another day. It's truly a privilege, and it should never be taken for granted.
We're so lucky just to be here. It's that simple.
sip

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Many times, I think we all, and particularly myself, just need to thank the Lord for allowing us to wake up to face another day. It's truly a privilege, and it should never be taken for granted.
We're so lucky just to be here. It's that simple.
sip
These storms are so random in their paths and destruction. I really hate tornados. Sip, you're right about taking life for granted. In a moment it can end.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
God bless this young man's heart, as well as his family and friends. None of us know when it's our time to go. Life on earth simply isn't fair, but the afterlife is beyond fair for those who are righteous and serve God.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.