Jameis Winston arrested for shoplifting crab legs at Publix

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I grew up not too far from where Jamis comes from. All my friends back home said they "heard" what a great kid he was, really had his head on straight. I'm starting to wonder what passes for character in Bessemer/Hueytown...
10 or 15 years ago, I used to do some business in Hueytown (sales calls and deliveries) and have known a fair number of people from there. Hueytown is a weird place. Folks there tend to be a little delusional. I'll leave it at that.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Here's a fact--If Winston was a third string kicker he would be in jail, and Jimbo Fisher would be saying, "Today we dismissed kicker from the team. We simply can't have this time of behavior on our football team. I wish kicker the best of luck in the future, and I sincerely hope he straightens out his issues, but, it was time for us, as coaches, to make a decision that was best for our overall football program. This type of behavior simply will not be tolerated--not while I'm the head coach at Florida State".
..and that's the truth...sip

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Oh the irony in Jimbo's statement is staggering..He forgot to include the part where those behaviors doesn't apply to his star starter at the QB spot or the entire 1st string players I imagine..I was pulling for Jimbo as a HC, but, hope his football program comes crashing down on all those involved in these cover-ups..He's no Coach Saban & never will his football program resemble "The Process" he desires & wants at FSU..
Here's a fact--If Winston was a third string kicker he would be in jail, and Jimbo Fisher would be saying, "Today we dismissed kicker from the team. We simply can't have this time of behavior on our football team. I wish kicker the best of luck in the future, and I sincerely hope he straightens out his issues, but, it was time for us, as coaches, to make a decision that was best for our overall football program. This type of behavior simply will not be tolerated--not while I'm the head coach at Florida State".
..and that's the truth...sip

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I gave up on FSU when I saw how they managed the rape accusation. Time and again the school and too many of its students/fans have proved that integrity is a word without meaning in their vocabularies.

But the comedy in this thread is priceless. Thanks to everyone who brought their A game to this thread! :biggrin2:

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
this kid is so weird. At this point he's getting off on doing bad stuff. Likes to remind himself he's "untouchable," gets a little tingle every time he does. I know the type all too well. Thank you Jameis for going where you belong and not troubling us with your presence.

But seriously, given FSU's history, is there a more perfect match? Truly, they were meant for each other.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
This just proves that Jimbo Fisher and his character is a joke. Any tiny sliver of respect that I had for him has vanished.

From his FSU bio:
In the same sense, Fisher treats his players very much like his own family, challenging, praising, even admonishing, when necessary. It is all in an attempt to help each and every one reach their full potential as student-athletes and responsible young adults, thus strengthening the team one player at a time.
What a load of bovine excrement that is. He cares only about his W/L record and couldn't care less about how other people suffer as a result of his enabling miscreants like Winston.

Fisher quotes from the 2013 AFCA:

Recruiting pitch: “When you leave Florida State, I want you to have two abilities: Accountability and Dependability.” Education is not as important as these two qualities. Education is a very opportunistic thing, not everyone has the chance to go to school, but everyone has the opportunity to develop accountability and dependability.
Well Jimbo, you're failing horribly because you haven't held Winston accountable for anything.

Create accountability anyway you can. What are you doing to reinforce it everyday?
I can easily answer this question. The answer is NOTHING.

Jimbo Fisher may win many championships at FSU, but all that won't change the fact that when he looks in the mirror, he will see a moral weakling and a hypocrite who sells out his alleged values for the outcome of a relatively meaningless game. He should ask the father of Winston's victim how much he enjoyed the 2013 BCS Championship season, but he won't because he doesn't have the guts to face the consequences of his coddling of a rapist and a thief.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
FSU not coming to the SEC is as fortunate as Winston not coming to Alabama.
FSU sounds a lot like Auburn.
Alleged Rape...
Theft...
My guess is Robbery has to be on Winston's agenda too.

It's JFF all over again.
TAMU surrendered the high ground when they covered for JFF
FSU has taken the low road twice on Winston, so far...

Will fans no longer condemn criminal acts by their 'Stars'?

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It makes me sick to my stomach watching these kids that are high profile representatives of the greatest sport on the planet, and the game we all love so much, tarnish the image of the sport, by flaunting the Laws Of The Land like Jameis & "Johnny Football" have done the last couple of years.If one of our Players did similar crimes, I hope "The Process", puts them on the road, to further their college football careers at another University..I don't want that representing our University at all & wish they weren't a representative of college football at all..JMO
Alleged Rape...
Theft...
My guess is Robbery has to be on Winston's agenda too.

It's JFF all over again.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Alleged Rape...
Theft...
My guess is Robbery has to be on Winston's agenda too. It's JFF all over again.

I agree Dan, AU and FSU do have a lot in common including recruiting questionable athletes who turn out to be thugs.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Honestly, the sad thing to me, is that we all know Coach Fisher is a decent enough man with a huge responsibility. He probably has gone home to his wife, late at night, and asked the question, "Baby, what in the world are these kids thinking?".
She answers, "Sweetheart, I have no idea".
So he lays there all night, with no sleep, and wonders, "What should I do".
That's tough. I'll give him that.
But when he wakes up, he knows exactly what he should do, he just can't seem to muster up the courage to do it.
Kicking Winston off the team could end up costing him his job, and he knows it, so he makes excuses and goes on.
That's where I lose my respect for him.
Coach Bryant would have suspended or kicked this kid off the team in a heartbeat. That simple.
Just like he did Namath--who was way far superior to Winston, as a QB.
I guess it's just a different era.
Personally, If I was the coach at FSU, his butt is gone.
This kid isn't good for college football. He's really not. He's everything you hope a role model doesn't turn out to be.
He needs to be gone.
Sip

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..I don't care how good a player is, no matter what position he plays, there comes a time & point, you have to take a stand as a HC & for the betterment of you football program, and cut the cancer on the team..Before it spreads to all phases of the program..Sometimes you just have to cut a player loose & Jameis has showed he's a cancer that needs to be cut..I will have a lot more respect for Jimbo if he does, if he doesn't, he's just part of the biggest problem right now in college football & that's the sense of "Entitlement" these players have from all these recruiting services that makes them out to be a God..
Honestly, the sad thing to me, is that we all know Coach Fisher is a decent enough man with a huge responsibility. He probably has gone home to his wife, late at night, and asked the question, "Baby, what in the world are these kids thinking?".
But when he wakes up, he knows exactly what he should do, he just can't seem to muster up the courage to do it.
Kicking Winston off the team could end up costing him his job, and he knows it, so he makes excuses and goes on.
Coach Bryant would have suspended or kicked this kid off the team in a heartbeat. That simple.
This kid isn't good for college football. He's really not. He's everything you hope a role model doesn't turn out to be.
He needs to be gone.
Sip

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
He needs to be gone.
Sip
IIRC, it seems to me that you had given some indication on previous threads, regarding this individual, that there may have been situations in his hometown which may have given clues to a possible lack of decency and character. I know it's not something you can elaborate on, but it seems your inside info is right on. Too bad so many people choose to look the other way, especially those within the Heisman community. Just another example of how decadent our culture has become.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.