Jameis Winston arrested for shoplifting crab legs at Publix

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Honestly, the sad thing to me, is that we all know Coach Fisher is a decent enough man with a huge responsibility. He probably has gone home to his wife, late at night, and asked the question, "Baby, what in the world are these kids thinking?".
She answers, "Sweetheart, I have no idea".
So he lays there all night, with no sleep, and wonders, "What should I do".
That's tough. I'll give him that.
But when he wakes up, he knows exactly what he should do, he just can't seem to muster up the courage to do it.
Kicking Winston off the team could end up costing him his job, and he knows it, so he makes excuses and goes on.
That's where I lose my respect for him.
Coach Bryant would have suspended or kicked this kid off the team in a heartbeat. That simple.
Just like he did Namath--who was way far superior to Winston, as a QB.
I guess it's just a different era.
Personally, If I was the coach at FSU, his butt is gone.
This kid isn't good for college football. He's really not. He's everything you hope a role model doesn't turn out to be.
He needs to be gone.
Sip
He needs a wake up call...and no one in his life seems to be able to give that. I have seen this movie before and it doesn't end well...

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
From the Clemson game onward I got a very bad feeling about Winston. I started calling him Cam 2.0 but in all honesty he is way worse than Cam. The over the top smile and just generally too nice/happy to be true. Really I only dislike Cam cause he played for Auburn, the whole cheating part in all honesty doesn't make him a bad person. The things Winston has been accused of doing would make him a bad person. He seems to be about as narcissitic as any athlete I can remember. His post game interview after the national championship exposed that when he said he "had to put the team on his back".

Jameis is all about Jameis and until someone lets him know that his excrement actually smells like excrement he's going to keep running afoul of the rules.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
It is easier to blame Winston than the his enablers. Apparently his parents condoned his behavior in order to profit financially. Fisher is also guilty as an enabler to profit from his athletic skills. FSU administration is also an enabler by profiting from his high profile as an athlete and Heisman winer.

Winston will take advantage as long as he can until someone takes a stand and refuses to continue enabling him. As long as everyone profits from Winston don't expect things to change.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
It is easier to blame Winston than the his enablers. Apparently his parents condoned his behavior in order to profit financially. Fisher is also guilty as an enabler to profit from his athletic skills. FSU administration is also an enabler by profiting from his high profile as an athlete and Heisman winer.

Winston will take advantage as long as he can until someone takes a stand and refuses to continue enabling him. As long as everyone profits from Winston don't expect things to change.
As you are well aware..."Stupid is as stupid does".

Roll Tide!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
IIRC, it seems to me that you had given some indication on previous threads, regarding this individual, that there may have been situations in his hometown which may have given clues to a possible lack of decency and character. I know it's not something you can elaborate on, but it seems your inside info is right on. Too bad so many people choose to look the other way, especially those within the Heisman community. Just another example of how decadent our culture has become.
No, that must have been another poster. I knew little about him during his high school days.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Might as well fit him for a prison suit now. He'll be wearing one soon enough.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
To sip:

My apologies sir. I was mistaken. I will do some research and find out who I mistook you for.
Roll Tide!

Hey Sip: After further review I think it was TIDE-HSV which gave me that impression. (And I want to emphasize 'think') At least I put you in good company.:biggrin2:
Roll Tide!

Last edited:

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
From the Clemson game onward I got a very bad feeling about Winston. I started calling him Cam 2.0 but in all honesty he is way worse than Cam. The over the top smile and just generally too nice/happy to be true. Really I only dislike Cam cause he played for Auburn, the whole cheating part in all honesty doesn't make him a bad person. The things Winston has been accused of doing would make him a bad person. He seems to be about as narcissitic as any athlete I can remember. His post game interview after the national championship exposed that when he said he "had to put the team on his back".

Jameis is all about Jameis and until someone lets him know that his excrement actually smells like excrement he's going to keep running afoul of the rules.
I agree on the Cam newton comparison, I think Cam was a cheater but Cam was no where near being a bad person when comparison to Winston, Winston is a bad person and what really gets me is that Winston wasn't charged with theft, what he got charged with is less serious than a speeding ticket. Winston probably have community service, (supposedly)

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
Honestly, the sad thing to me, is that we all know Coach Fisher is a decent enough man with a huge responsibility. He probably has gone home to his wife, late at night, and asked the question, "Baby, what in the world are these kids thinking?".
She answers, "Sweetheart, I have no idea".
So he lays there all night, with no sleep, and wonders, "What should I do".
That's tough. I'll give him that.
But when he wakes up, he knows exactly what he should do, he just can't seem to muster up the courage to do it.
Kicking Winston off the team could end up costing him his job, and he knows it, so he makes excuses and goes on.
That's where I lose my respect for him.
Coach Bryant would have suspended or kicked this kid off the team in a heartbeat. That simple.
Just like he did Namath--who was way far superior to Winston, as a QB.
I guess it's just a different era.
Personally, If I was the coach at FSU, his butt is gone.
This kid isn't good for college football. He's really not. He's everything you hope a role model doesn't turn out to be.
He needs to be gone.
Sip
Felony State University isn't going to do what is right because that would involve letting their only chance at another NC go out the door and probably to *U. Turning your head is much simpler than doing what is right. My question is why isn't the football program not addressing this also. Good for the baseball program but he also plays football and what if he wasn't playing baseball would they football side just ignored it.

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
I agree on the Cam newton comparison, I think Cam was a cheater but Cam was no where near being a bad person when comparison to Winston, Winston is a bad person and what really gets me is that Winston wasn't charged with theft, what he got charged with is less serious than a speeding ticket. Winston probably have community service, (supposedly)
Lest you forget, Cam did steal a laptop and try to throw it out a window from the police.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Lest you forget, Cam did steal a laptop and try to throw it out a window from the police.
If I'm not mistaken he bought a stolen laptop rather than did the deed himself. Cam was an annoying dweeb. He strikes me as very self-serving, but not immoral.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Hard for me to make any sense of Winston, he just strikes me as an incredibly strange dude. The more these little episodes come out, it's almost like he just has the innate tendency and desire to do things like this.

The rape allegations aside, non-drug-offender criminals tend to commit real crimes ... i.e. serious acts for serious rewards/gratification. But who in the hell would ever even think of stealing crab legs, or cups of Sprite from a fountain machine? Those types of offenses have zero payoff, unless you count some sort of strange self-gratification from the act itself. When I see stuff like this, I can't help but think he has kleptomania or some other form of impulse control disorder.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I don't know; People do stupid things in college. I knew a boy who would try to sneak out without paying at every restaurant we went to when we were in college. He got caught couple of times; but it was excitement to him. He quit when no one would go with him to eat anymore. He is now a very successful business man who shakes his head at his antics back then. Of course Winston appears to be more advanced in his youthful depravity especially if the rape charge is true.
Hard for me to make any sense of Winston, he just strikes me as an incredibly strange dude. The more these little episodes come out, it's almost like he just has the innate tendency and desire to do things like this.

The rape allegations aside, non-drug-offender criminals tend to commit real crimes ... i.e. serious acts for serious rewards/gratification. But who in the hell would ever even think of stealing crab legs, or cups of Sprite from a fountain machine? Those types of offenses have zero payoff, unless you count some sort of strange self-gratification from the act itself. When I see stuff like this, I can't help but think he has kleptomania or some other form of impulse control disorder.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.