Jameis Winston arrested for shoplifting crab legs at Publix

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...4/Investigator-Winston-avoided-store-security

LOL "Winston completed his 20 hours of community service on Sunday afternoon and was reinstated back onto the baseball team following a suspension." How do you complete 20 hours of community service in one day ??? :conf3:

Article also says "he appeared to avoid store security." JW says he left the butter in a bin when he realized he didn't need it. The officer went back to Publix where JW said he left it and it wasn't there.

Look I realized all this will be swept under the rug but can FSU and the media in general stop telling us "what a fine young man Jameis is." Please.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Maybe by FSU standards, Winston IS a fine young man. Everything's relative.
Lol not really. The fine young man moniker is one most universities use and it gets old because most students athletes have only been on campus a year or two. I remember Chizik referring to Cam as "the finest young man I've been around." Lol how can that be true when you were only around him for a few months at that point.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Sickening..If we get caught shoplifting we go to jail..How was he not arrested for shoplifting..So can we help ourselves to some food or pick me up a laptop at wal mart despite not having money to pay for it..Is a citation all we get for shoplifting now???..
Actually, yes. Low-level shoplifting isn't even a felony most places, at least the first time you're caught.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Sickening..If we get caught shoplifting we go to jail..How was he not arrested for shoplifting..So can we help ourselves to some food or pick me up a laptop at wal mart despite not having money to pay for it..Is a citation all we get for shoplifting now???..
Theft as committed by Winston is a second-degree misdemeanor in Florida. For a guy with no real history of criminal convictions -- and say what you will of the handling of the rape allegation, but it's a non-issue in this respect -- anyone doing something similar is getting nothing more than a slap on the wrist, which is what Winston got here.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't know; People do stupid things in college. I knew a boy who would try to sneak out without paying at every restaurant we went to when we were in college. He got caught couple of times; but it was excitement to him. He quit when no one would go with him to eat anymore. He is now a very successful business man who shakes his head at his antics back then. Of course Winston appears to be more advanced in his youthful depravity especially if the rape charge is true.
The old "Dine & Dash". I have been witness to this one also back in the college days.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
People do stupid things in college. I knew a boy who would try to sneak out without paying at every restaurant we went to when we were in college. He got caught couple of times; but it was excitement to him. He quit when no one would go with him to eat anymore. He is now a very successful business man who shakes his head at his antics back then.
Glad it has worked out well for your friend, but I'd probably argue he had some issues of his own at one point. There is an end even to stupidity.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I will never complain about missing this one. As much as I thought I wanted to have him in Crimson and White...he might eventually wind up in Orange.
And that would not fare well for Bama at all. One great thing may come out of it though...depending on how well Mr Coker comes through for the Tide.

Roll Tide!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Here's an article that states he avoided store security when he was stealing the crab..So the "I simply forgot to pay" excuse is bogus as we already knew..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

"As he prepared to leave, Winston paused to avoid a sheriff's deputy who was working story security, letting him walk past and then leaving behind the deputy and past the cash registers"..The report said.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.